Tuesday, January 24, 2006

SEAN O'SHAUGHNESSY JOINS OUR TEAM!!!!

sean
1
scanner

I first met Sean in the early 90s. He wrote a letter about posting the Canadian Flag on top of the Saint Joseph cemetery. I join his cause and together we succeeded. Here's a few picture of the flag.

First of all, a big thank you to Charles and WCIE for allowing me to contribute the odd article now and then on their blog site, from time to time. Do I know what I'm going to be writing about, No. But as I write this, I have a few topics burning away in the back of my mind that I want to unload, and get of my chest.The best I am hoping to do actually will be to make people think just a little bit, about this and that and the other thing, from time to time.

Am I a professional Writer No. I've had to write in a Jam during my days as a broadcaster mostly at good old 93 CFBC AM and their sister FM Operation C-98 Saint Johns Easy Rock. Anybody still around remember those days ?

Was Born in Toronto, moved to the Maritimes when I was a kid, graduated from Old Saint John Vocational School in 1968, went stateside and served Uncle Sam from late June 1968, until January 1969, and was rotated back home when It was discovered I had lied about age to enter. Legal age was 17 to join with parental or Legal Guardian Consent. I had an Uncle and no his name wasn't Sam, who was an American Citizen and signed as my Legal Guardian.

I don't know if any of you remember the time, an International Incident arose when A Crazy Canuck one Time Hoisted the Canadian Flag in Da Nang, Republic of South Vietnam :>) And the International Press and Media jumped all over it. Let's just say, to this day I'm not on any Political Party Invitation Lists for cocktails and crumpets, and let your Imagination run wild on the above I just wrote.

1

Am I nuts, you bet, crazier than a bed bug actually. Did 2 stays in 4 D North the Nut Ward out at the Saint John Regional Hospital foe PTSD and Chronic Depression. I think I set the all time record for ECT Treatments, otherwise known as Shock Treatments. If the province should ever run out of Power, all they'll ever have to do is hand me 2 electrodes, I'll place the Positive Lead on my heads Left Side, and the Negative on the Right Side, and we'll have more than enough Juice to keep New Brunswick Hummin` 24/7 well into the year 2525. Anybody remember that One Hit Wonder by Zager & Evans from 1969 ?

My punctuation leaves a lot to be desired, as if you haven't already figured that out by now. All Joking aside, I suffer from short term memory loss as a result from the ECT's, and some of the Medication I've been on for the past 15 years after being declared legally Disabled due to a Sever And Pro-Longed Condition by Health And Welfare Canada.

The Condition is Degenerative Osteo Arthritis, located primarily at the neck C7 Disk area. Vert difficult to treat because that Particular Disk is so very Close to the Central Nervous System, and if the Doctors go playing around the Central Nervous System, instead of using a cane to walk with, I could be in a wheel chair.

Behind the Computer, I have 2 Neck Braces I have to wear. One a Hard Shell Neck Brace, the other a Soft Shell Neck Brace. Am I going to stop Living, and to stop doing some of the things I used to do before getting nailed with this condition back in late 1989 and 1990. No Way, I going to Ride Life Out Until The Wheels Fall Off.

Will you agree on the material I'm going write when I do, more than likely not. Will it bother me that you don't agree with me NO. Will I take any Low Blow Shots at anybody or any groups NO.

Why am I writing, again all joking aside, One Of My Doctors Advised Me to.

Respectfully
sean
Picture 284
Picture 285

Sean O`

Here's my first blog-

scanner

January 21, 2006

Very Shortly Saint John City Police will be switching over to Lap Top Computer Communications. As I understand it to the best of my ability, the initial switch over is going to be part of the North End Anti Crime Spree or whatever their calling it. Needless to say some people like myself who are Scanner Hobbyists and enthusiasts, could end up listening to white noise, when the switch over takes place. This by the way was in the Newspaper a few months back.

The main reason I got interested in listening to Police And Fire Communications is this. Some of the people I grew up with here in the Saint John area, are either still on the Police Force, or the Fire Department. I've read enough communications magazines to know, it's hard to tell whether the Criminal Element are using Scanners as tools of the trade here in Saint John, and whether or not the Criminal Element outnumbers the Law Abiding Citizen who listen to our Men And Woman who serve and protect, not because we're Nosy or New Bags, we have no Live News Media anymore during the evening and overnight hours anymore. In some bigger cities, the Criminal Element Out Numbers the Law Abiding Citizens who listen. Some Police Officers have even bought scanners for their Parents to listen to, so the parents will know thie son or daughter is doing OK while on Duty.

I think our law enforcement agencies should have scrambled communications for Personal Safety " In my Pesonal Opinion Only. The media in the states where Scrambled Communications are in effect now in some cities and Localities, have either bought a Police Radio, or rented one for their respective News Rooms.

What Say You.

Sean O`

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean O' it's good to see you!
I have to tell you that I am having withdrawl symptoms from saindjohnnewsrumors! I loved it!!! I really am sad to see it down but am glad to see you are still around. I loved to get the info of what was happening in SJ as I don't have a scanner. I was thinking of buying one but now that I have read what you said it might be useless. Anyways pal, glad to see you around! Looking forward to reading you!

OOPS :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words OOPS:)

Charles and WCIE were kind enough to allow to allow me to write the odd Blog now and then.

There are still a lot of unknown variables regarding the system. Please keep checking Charlies & WCIE Blog Site for updates on this Developing situation.

Thank you for your past support. Greatly appreciated. Have to run, and take my Anti-Crazy Pill :>)

Anonymous said...

Sean;

i really wish you would start up newsrumors again.....even just the local SJ scanner.