Tuesday, January 24, 2006

MY LAST 24 HOURS WAS A BUSY ONE!!!!

I worked the poll yesterday and trust me?

Picture 307

It was a busy long day!

It’s started at 8:30am and it was very steady all day long.

My job was the information Officer.

I would be the first individual the voters would be confronted with once they walked through the door of the polling station.

Being Charles? I had some fun.

I would meet them by saying- Bonjour!! Hello!!!! You came here to vote?

Can I see your card?

Many of them would come up with sad excuses that they forgot their card.

I would say - That’s a darn shame!

Can you remain silent for the next two to three years?

They sorta give you a surprise look and many would said - Huh???

I continued- Well? If you don’t vote? You have to remain silent for two to three years?

Being a professional who confronted thousands of people during my six months protest?

tent

I knew when to say- You don’t look like the silent type. We better find out where you can vote.

All in fun!

Many laughed and a few still remain puzzled but I had them thinking…lol….

It was steady all day long and I knew that the worst was yet to come after quitting time and I was right.

My ADHD sure came in handy.

I talked and talked and made certain that I directed everyone to the right polling station.

It was a good day because never once and I mean never once did my near close to death experience came to my mind.

This was the place that I walked when I almost got hit by a car and this is the area that I slip.

Picture 303
Picture 304

You can read the story at - just click below...

target="_blank">Charles
Blog


Last evening, those flashbacks came back and I had an awful headache.

I can just imagine the tire driving over my head.

It was terrible!!!!

After I got home, I immediately phoned my cousin to find out if she was ok because she and others took Chico’s death very very very hard.

Picture 163

Trust me, I’m waiting for her to write a detail account of what happen to Chico and then look out!

I have another individual in Saint John investigating the details and I will make the pet doctor name public in this blog.

I am going to confront the Generals in the Capital about this issue.

Sorry…jumping story here.

I went into Andy Scott party and met a few people. One individual was my hero investigative reporter in New Brunswick.

This is Robert Jones from CBC.

bob

I always like his work.

I noticed that a few reporters were a little uncomfortable with my camera but that’s a blogger!!!

a
Picture 324

We take picture and we’re the reporter, columnist and editor.

We don’t have to go through different people to get a picture or story printed.

What we think? It’s what gets printed and that’s the way it is!

Too bad that I didn’t get paid for this!

After my very close call with death, this just enforced my drive to continue and pursuing stories for my blog.

In my mind? I’m supposed to be dead so therefore I’m just living on borrowed time. So? The battle will continue!

Which reminds moi? I’m going to phone the new editor of the letters to the editor to find out who the new individual is? Stay tune? The persom might hang up the phone in my ear because my letter never got printed.

What I really enjoyed yesterday is that my five ADHD brains were focused on my work and I had no time to think about other issues and this is good.

If I’m not working? I got too much time on my hand so therefore I go on the streets and searched for stories.

My prediction of the Federal election was this-

P.C. – 123
Lib - 112
BQ - 40
NDP - 31
Ind - 2
Total= 308 seats!

The results are

CON 124 0 36.25%
LIB 103 0 30.22%
BQ 51 0 10.48%
NDP 29 0 17.49%
IND 1 0 .52%
OTH 0 0 5.05%
Updated:
January 24, 3:14:13 AM EST

So? I believe that I didn't do that badly!!!!...lol

I guess that I came close and I’m glad it turned out this way because Canadians have sent a message for Stephen Harper to clean up a few dirty bureaucrats in the Capital and with a Minority?

har

He cannot rule with an iron fist!

Lets see what’s going to happen?

Canadians have sent a clear message!

The message is - We don’t want to see you in two years from now!!!!

Get along in the Nation’s Capital and work things out among yourself!

The bloglling of the Canadian Federal Election is over and now I can blog on other issues.

Stay tune!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny you talked about People showing up at the Voting Poll without their cards.

It takes me half an hour just to figure out who I am half the time, when I wake up.

I get my card to vote, placed it on a shelf as I was getting to set to hobble on down to my voting poll, then it hit me, I forgot where I placed my card { lol } This could only happen to me.

It's ironic about some of the Main stream Media reporters not wanting to have their picture taken, but it seems to be a different story as far as their concerned, when they want to take a picture of something or somebody { lol }

Chances are if they couldn't, They'd be Hollering, Freedom Of The Press Violation here, We have our Right's.

That's my 2 cents worth for it's worth. Keep writing Amigo`

Anonymous said...

Charles :

To the best of my knowledge, there wasn't anything in the morning paper about the chap who did the protest thing, and caused the traffic tie up, I'll double look again, to be extra sure ;

Go after the Newspaper about Chico's ordeal, if they give you a hard time, tell then in a nice way, this isn't about me, it's about a Living Creature A Pet:

This story was in todays Morning paper about Dogs : Here it is : I think Chico deserves the same, don't you Old Friend,

The Crazy Marine

As published on page B5 on January 24, 2006

Mobile groomer goes to the dogs

Click to zoom (Peter Walsh/Telegraph-Journal)
Barb Thompson, owner of Groom ’N Zoom, with Emma, an 8-month-old Westie terrier.
MARTY KLINKENBERG
DEVELOPMENTS

So you are so busy with work and the kids that you can't find time to get your pet groomed? So you don't have a way to get Fido to the groomer?

No problem.

Barb Thompson will come to you, and give Rover a fresh 'do in the parking lot at work or in your driveway.

The proprietor of a new mobile businesses called Groom 'N Zoom, Ms. Thompson has been a groomer for 25 years, and once worked for a similar venture in Guelph, Ont.

She recently bought a van from a mobile groomer going out of business in Ontario, customized it and can now bathe a dog and give it a haircut wherever it is most convenient for her customers. The van has its water supply, a water heater, bathtub and furnace, as well as a hydraulic grooming table and the rest of the equipment common to storefront groomers. The roof of the vehicle is even pitched high enough so that Ms. Thompson can stand at the table and work comfortably.

Based out of Bayswater on the Kingston Peninsula, Ms. Thompson is within 20 minutes of three ferries, making it easy for her to serve clients in Grand Bay-Westfield, Greater Saint John and in Rothesay and Quispamsis.

"I started a home-based grooming business on the peninsula, but I wasn't getting enough business to make a livelihood at it," said Ms. Thompson, who also breeds Kerry blue terriers and operates Kissing Bridge Kennel. "I think I groomed just about every dog on the peninsula. "

Ms. Thompson said her phone has been ringing off the hook since she went into business on Jan. 6, becoming the first mobile groomer in Atlantic Canada.

"I knew there was a need for this," she said. "It has already proving to be a popular business."

Ms. Thompson, who has seven dogs of her own and has served as a judge at the Toronto Sportsman's Show, can groom as many as five dogs a day, with no extra fees charged for a flea bath or medicated bath. Cost varies depending on the size and breed, but is generally about $10 more than standard grooming fees: $40 to $50 for short-haired dogs, $45 to $55 for small dogs like cockers and poodles, $40 to $50 for medium-sized dogs with short hair and $60 to $70 for large dogs like golden retrievers .

Most groomings take about one hour and include brushing, bathing and clipping, and blow-drying, as well as taking care of a dog's nails, ears and glands.

Ms. Thompson has a website: www.kerrybluesbangor.com, and accepts appointments by phone at 763-2681

Anonymous said...

I was quite surprised when I went to vote. I showed up gave, gave my name, they told me which poll, I went over told them my name, they crossed it off, gave me my ballot and I voted. No voting card, no ID. I can't believe that I walked in and voted for the Prime Minister of Canada with just a name.........not even an address! lol Gotta luv Canada!