Thursday, February 16, 2006

MISTREATMENT OF THE POOR???? by Millie

millie

millie

I had a tenant here yesterday who came to see me. He was from the Trinidad and Tabago.

He said his University he took there did not take notice here. He went to university for 4 years, he said, but his credits are no good.

He is a Mathematics Major.

I asked him, "couldn't you take an upgrade course at the University here?"

He said, "no, that I would have to go back to college and take 5 more years."

I am trying help him to find a job. He wants to work.

He is able to work, but he says his hair and go T prevents him from getting a job.

I said I would help him, and trim his hair and go T.

He said nope, he hated the word barber, and to him it was bad.

He just raised his hand and said that's how I feel.

I tried, but he is a long way from HOME!!

I did a resume for another tenant here. She worked at a business for 1 year, and her cash was short of $200.00 and it was her cash.

One of the managers did not like her.

Then she came 3 days later, and said $500.00 was missing, she was crying, and repeatedly said she did not steal any money.

The next day, they found the mistake of the $500.00.

She was ok then, she thought oh gee they will find the $200 mistake, but no...she was let go. I do believe her, that she did not take this money..She liked her job..something went wrong..she is trying to find a lawyer to help her out, but she has no work.

She went yesterday and applied for 4 different jobs. I wish her luck!!

I am only the superintendent, and I try my best to help the poor!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Silly Millie your doing a great job and i have to say you are also a good woman and the people will see that what ever good you put out there you will get back in return

Anonymous said...

you know Millie, sometimes we think that Charles is posting his own comments anonymously on this site, but we can't prove it.
I think you're all just a bunch of turkeys, all you ever do on here is talk about the poor. GET A JOB !!!
ENOUGH ALREADY !!!
THERE'S WORK OUT THERE IF YOU WANT IT. THERE ARE DOZENS OF FAST FOOD POSITIONS HERE IN SAINT JOHN NB ANYWAY THAT THEY CANNOT FILL BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULD RATHER WORK AT A CALL CENTER!
THERE IS A JOB OUT THERE FOR ANYONE WHO DESIRES ONE. I SWEAR BY THAT, AND I WILL GO TO MY GRAVE BELIEVING THAT!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, now go away. Go to your grave then being an idiot, it's a free country so you're allowed.

Millie HAS a job pinhead. She's the superintendant, or can't you read?

The blog is ABOUT poverty rocket scientist, why don't you go to the university website and tell them to stop talking about school.

Anonymous said...

8:31

There are jobs.

But do they have drug plans etc?

Anyone with a family, on welfare, would be a complete fool to work for minimum wage and give up what benefits the province does supply.

Maybe if they could work and keep their minimal health plans they might consider working.

The very system set up to help the poor is also keeping them trapped within it's walls.

Anonymous said...

THERE ARE DOZENS OF FAST FOOD POSITIONS HERE IN SAINT JOHN NB ANYWAY THAT THEY CANNOT FILL BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULD RATHER WORK AT A CALL CENTER!
well i hope so because the pays and benefits are way better

i personally would not work for minimum wages at a fast food , they get all the shitty deals like customers complaining all the time , stupid laws , even the labour board is against them