Wednesday, March 22, 2006

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO EDUCATE OUR CHILDREN WITH AUTISM???


Picture 014, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

While walking near the Beaverbrook Hotel, I noticed many vehicles from the media park alongside the street.

I said to myself - There must a story around here???

So the hunt was on to locate them.

I finally located the media in a small room and up front was a group of people from the New Brunswick Association For Community Living.

They looked like a determine group of people and their main concern was the report by Professor MacKay on inclusion.

One woman approached me and told me that it was a private meeting with the media.

I told her – I am the media!!!...lol

Charles 04_07_05 036

I’m a bloggler!!

charlies pics 032

Well? We had to go outside for a little chat.

I have to start wearing a suit and tie!

After I explain my position, I was allowed inside.

Picture 013

Once in the room, I noticed one guy at the end of the table.

I believe his name is Dan Soucy.

Picture 015

Maybe I got the first name wrong?

Anyway, I remember seeing the guy on Melanson Live a couple of years ago.

59

What I don’t like about the issue of Autism is that these poor kids don’t seem to learn in today’s classroom.

I had a little chat with Mr.Soucy.

Picture 015

I always said that if 12 ADHD kids and 12 kids with Autism were in the same classroom?

Which group of kids would learn better?

My answer is the Autistic kids because the kids with ADHD would be easily distracted by all the noise.

The problem from the way I see it?

Some parents will go to court so their kids would be in the so-call normal classroom.

If you find out the definition of the word – Normal?

Please let me know!

I know for a fact that these recommendations will not be enforce because we don’t have the money.

This is the reason that Bernard Lord won’t do a study on Ritalin because it’s cheaper to drug our children than to treat them with dignity!

Of course, I am not a professional but I know that it’s a very touchy issue and Ottawa must come to the rescue with a lot of money!!!

Picture 009

No comments: