Friday, April 07, 2006

BERNARD LOSES VOTE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 7 YEARS!!!!!


STF_0114, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

STC_0198

It’s raining hard outside late on a Friday evening so I may as well write a little update of today’s events.

This morning, I decided to stay in my little room and watch the proceedings on television.

I knew for a fact that Tanker would support the budget so why bother sitting in the gallery?

STF_0178

Here, I can relax and smoke a cigarette while I watch the going ons and lets not forget the camera that I can picture of different politicians.

I would do the same action in the Legislature but the Quebec security took the strange procedure of taking my camera away from me once I walked through the doors.

I’m not comfortable with the atmosphere at the Legislature. Something isn’t right but time will tell. Look? Security are all over the place. They're watching very closely.

STA_0207

Once in the Legislature, I went in the gallery and I saw a couple of Liberal workers sitting in a little group.

I walked up in the Gallery and sat down beside Allison Brewer. < Leader of the NDP! >

STB_0187

You should have seen the look of a few MLA’s faces once I put my arm over her shoulders? …lol….They must have said - What the?????...lol…

I saw Abel LeBlanc and gave the flighty MLA a thumb ups!!!! He didn’t look too bad for a guy that the paper wrote that he could end up in jail.

The second vote was for the money of the budget to pass. Now? I’m no genius when it comes to these issues and Allison Brewer was nice enough to explain me the details.

The budget passed and now they need the money for the budget. But in this case? I guess the speaker isn’t allowed to vote?

So at the end? It was dead even!

STA_0173
STB_0172

The speaker verdict was that they will debate the budget in committee of a whole. Maybe some reader can explain in this blog the whole details???

But the bottom line is this? Bernard Lord lost this vote for the first time in 7 years!!!

Afterwards, I met Abel LeBlanc outside of the Legislature. He didn’t look too good.

STA_0192

I have known Abel for over 15 years and I decided to stick close with the guy.

I told him that we need to go for a walk?

He began to walk towards the downtown area but I directed to the other way.

I won’t disclose the details of our little chat but it was very interesting.

I was surprised that Abel has never been on the walking bridge. He didn’t even know it existed?

STA_0193

This MLA is from Saint John and he does a lot of business in the downtown core.

Once he’s done? He jumps in his vehicle and goes right back to the Loyalist City.

We continued halfway through the bridge and he couldn’t believe the quietness of the area.

STA_0196

I’m certain that Abel will return to this spot again! During my protest, I came here often. It's very relaxing!!

STB_0194
STC_0198

Once near the Legislature? Abel met some supporters. I bet that he's going to get lots of support once he arrives in Saint John. Abel LeBlanc is a people's person!!!

STA_0202

So? Bernard Lord survived the vote but I believe as I said in the past?

I truly believe that he will call an election this weekend or next week!

There’s a lot of action in the House and it’s too bad you cannot be here to witness the happy and sad faces around the Legislature.

Myself, I hope there’s an election. It would be bad for the boarders and roomers because they’ll have to wait for a new Government.

One certain fact would be with the Liberals in power? They will put in place the education and health standing committee to study the issue of drugging our children!

STG_0262

The drugging and the killings of our children will finally come to a stop or slow down a little!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so now it's good enough to 'slow it down a little'? What happened to 'every kid that's prescribed it is too many'?

Committees of the Whole mean exactly how it sounds, the committee hears from each department. In other words, the budget is done department by department.

Whether Lord is patient enough for that remains to be seen.