Saturday, June 03, 2006

ONE OF THE CHARLES'S GOT SLAUGHTERED AT THE FREDERICTON SOCIAL FORUM!!!!


IMG_3806, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

I am totally exhausted!!! I just slept one hour. You can tell that everything is not ok because it’s raining outside and there should be all kind of blogs posted but there’s not one.

Ok, I attended the Fredericton Social Forum today.

I showed up around 11:00am and I was told that 50 people registered through the doors.

It was a different forum because a person could chose which room you wish to attend.

The day went by and speakers after speakers had their say on certain concern issues.

IMG_3821
IMG_3819
IMG_3812
IMG_3808

I’m not going to begin writing all the details because it would take me all evening.

It was a good showcase and people were educated on the issue in hand but I must write about my experience.

I was told that I would indeed gave my presentation at 3:00pm but there’s was only one itty problem.

My competition would be Charles Fournier.

Picture 032

He was one of the organizers of the event and he’s the main force behind the Atlantica conference in Saint John.

I told some people in a joking way. These young girls are going to choose between me and this young handsome guy????


I don’t stand a chance in hell...lol

Before the event got started, I joked with the guy recording the event that it may just be me and him alone???..lol..

Well, I wasn’t far off the mark because only 6 people showed up. The rest of the group went to listen to the other Charles.


It was the battle of the Charles’s and this Charles got slaughtered!!!!

The people in the room look very determine to hear my story on bloggling. I'm not shy to speak to an audience but I will admit this was the smaller one of them all.

I was told that I would be speaking about roomers and boarders rights but at the last minute it was Bloggers!!

I change the notes and began my little tales on bloggling. I believe it went well but I did missed a few issues because I never followed the notes in my pad.

Maybe that was a mistake? Never mind that.

What does this mean? Why did Charles Fournier get all the attention? My guess is that people are very interested in Atlantica!!!

It’s next week so the citizens want to know more about his issue.

One good thing about Bloggling? I had 6 people in my room and if those six tell all the people on their list about my site?

Well? I could pass 100 people. This is how the information Highway works!

It was a good forum and maybe I’ll be once again invited to speak but not with Charles Fournier as the competition?...lol....

IMG_3825

No hard feeling and I will sleep tonight!!! I’m beat!!!!

I'll beat my own drums and say that the forum went well....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your presentation on blogging was very informative and interesting! I know the other Charles very well and I'm sure he gave a good presentation too, but yours was also important to be at the Forum!

Anonymous said...

Where was the forum?? Looks like quite the place...

Anonymous said...

So people are catching on. 6 out of 100 eh! May be 6 showed up out of mercy. This goes to tell you your importance.

Anonymous said...

I think the way you presented men giving presentations and women standing patiently is a little sexist. They did most of the work and nothing would have happened without their contribution.

There were also many prominent female activist's such as Inka Milewski from the Conservation Council, Willi Nolan -
Aboriginal Rights Coalition, Elizabeth Blaney and Elizabeth Coburn- Coalition for Pay Equity and others.

I love your rants but sometimes they can give people false impressions and pictures are very powerful.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I didn't see any women giving presentations when I was there...it must have been before 11:00am?

Anonymous said...

Charles buddy, you should post more pictures and analysis on the FSF. BTW I addded your name to the FSN list.


Solidarity,

Dana