Thursday, July 20, 2006

ROOMERS AND BOARDERS RIGHTS??? NOT IN THIS CASE!!!!!


IMG_6097, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

Roomers and Boarders rights? Sorry definitely not in this case.

Last night, at around 2:15am the fire alarm went off.

As in the past, I believe it was a false alarm but look what happen two evenings ago when that rooming House burned down in Moncton.

I walked into the hallway and noticed water coming down from the ceiling.


IMG_6098


I quickly ran upstair and noticed the water running out the door from the washroom while four guys were standing by.

I pushed the guys aside and kicked the locked door open.

Once in there, I notice a guy drunk in the bathtub taking a bath but he had let the water run.

I almost got sick to my stomach so I turned off the water and left the area.

Once downstair? I was asked if I pull the plug from the bathtub?

I said - Excuse me??? It’s bad enough I broke the door down but If you think that I was going to put my hand in there??? You’re nuts!!!!...lol.....

WHAT A MESS!!!

I don’t know the guy’s name and he just moved in a couple of weeks ago. I knew he was trouble when I first saw him. You see? In a rooming house, you try not to communicate with many people.

I live in a small room. I got cable on one side and a computer on the other. So therefore, I’m ok!

The guy wasn’t amuse that I broke the door down while he was taking a bath.

I might add that he didn’t try to get up from the bathtub. He just laid there in the tub while people were mopping the water off the floor.

What a jerk!!!

There was water all over the place and in minutes the Firemen and Police showed up.

The landlord came over. The fireman told the owner that there’s was lots of water but the roomers did a good job cleaning the mess in a short time.

IMG_6097

Everyone went to bed around 3:30am.

Roomers rights in this case? I don’t think so!

The owner let the guy sleep on it because he knew that he was drunk. The guy was so ignorant and he was even rude to everyone.

The guy was evicted today and the owner is in his rights to do so!!!!

Question? What would happen is a drunken individual did this in a Apartment building? What would happen there?

Could the owner evict them the same day for damaging the building?

I’m fighting for roomers and boarders rights but in this case? As far as I’m concern? The individual got no rights!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Spinks has named you as 4 and half. He is running out of ideas. You know how to screw yourself and not the province.

I still think he is unfair to Rashid. He is prejudiced.

Anonymous said...

If that had of happen in a apartment building the owner or landlord would be within their rights to give him 72 hours to vacate the building.Of course the tenants were quick cleaning up the mess...Most of them know that there is a resturant downstairs and the water would make its way down there as well.Not only that letting the water continue to leak down through the fire alarm increased the chances of a fire. Since as tenants here we can not get insurance, that is the last thing we need. There is atleast 5 computers in the building and atleast two are fairly new. Then again life in a rooming house is never boring!! LOL....

Anonymous said...

Thats crazy. If you damage an apartment you are responsible to clean it up-unless it is the fault of something in the apartment. They certainly can"t evict you because of it. In the lease you are responsible for the general upkeep.

I am impressed with how the tenants responded. They are under no obligation to clean up the mess, they didnt make it and will recieve no compensation for it. In the states they have programs where the government uses peoples welfare cheques as collateral so that tenants can communally "own" the building they live in. Who would have thought that the US would be more caring about its citizens than Canada.

Anonymous said...

buddy got drunk and overfilled the apartment full of water, how much rights does he need, he frigged up, end of story.