Sunday, August 20, 2006

FREDERICTON IN COMPLETE DARKNESS FOR FOUR HOURS AND CHARLES BECOMES A HOT DOG VENDOR!!!


IMG_8405
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_8502
IMG_5595


Last evening was quite different in the Capital.

I was at my computer and the power went off for 4 seconds.


I knew at that instance that there was a huge thunder storm coming in the area.


I quickly shut my power bar and went outside.


On the horizon were huge black clouds coming towards the Capital.


It wasn’t raining so I sat down on a stool and watch the lighting show.


I noticed one huge bolt hitting downtown and the power went out.



IMG_8502



It was total darkness.




The people in the rooming house were in the dark but they had emergency light in action. Everyone adjusted just fine and I expected the power to return shortly but that wasn’t the case.



IMG_8562



It was around 8:15pm and by 10:00pm I realize that I was going to miss my favorite show America Most Wanted.



People gathered in different rooms in the building waiting for the power to come back.



IMG_8561



I went outside and took a few pictures of the lighting storm. It’s pretty difficult to take a good picture. With the power going off. The alarms went off and the firemen came to the rescue.



IMG_8558
IMG_8560
IMG_8559



At around 10:45pm, I decided to walk downtown and trust me. It was different.



IMG_8465



It was so dark that I decided to keep my camera home.




You never know who you’ll meet in the dark.




I noticed many drunks walking on the streets with their drinks in hand.




The Fredericton Police Force were driving around in their vehicle but not on the walking beat.




I wondered if my friend Robert was still in the vendor business during the black out?




IMG_8192




Sure enough? He was there and he was selling a lot of sausage and hot dogs.




He told me that his son was running another vendor stand.




He asked me if I would check on his son?




IMG_6885




I went there and it was dark. I had a flashlight with me so I gave it to the kid so he could see what he was doing.




I was pretty busy for the next half hour going from one vendor to another. They needed some stuff so I didn’t mind giving them a helping hand.




IMG_6886



While I was near the kid. I noticed many people were sitting around in the Tannery.




I shouted - GET YOUR JUICY NICE SAUSAGES RIGHT HERE!!!!!



IMG_5598




That line gave out a good laugh.





It didn’t came out good especially Fredericton is suppose to be the Gay Capital per Capital in Canada!!!!...lol....





I visited Robert and he asked me if I would take care of his little business while he goes to check on his son for 20 minutes.




I said - No problem!!! There were no one in sight so it would be safe.




A lot of drunks on the street but it would be ok. I really paid close attention to the bag of money on the stand.




Suddenly four young attractive girls showed up and they wanted 3 sausages and one hot dog.




IMG_8194



I told the girls - I just wish to let you know that I’m not the vendor but I’ll gave it a try.




A couple of guys walked by and said - You got a new job Charles???? Double Time????




Three bouncers came from behind me and wanted some hot dogs.




I hate that when someone is located behind me but what can I do?





Robert was there to sell sausages and hot dogs and the customers were all around me.





I gave the girls their food but there was only one itty bitty problem???




Robert forgot to tell me the price???





I took a guess and I was short but it made it up with the one dollar tip they gave me...lol...




Before I could serve the bouncers?





The power came back on around midnight and everyone in the City shouted with great joy.





I noticed minutes before three cops walking the beat.





The area could have become out of control because it was Saturday night.





Robert had to go somewhere for 30 minutes and asked me if I would take care of the business one more time?





I really wasn’t interested but he needed my help so I did.





There were hundreds of people lined up to get in the club.





Then suddenly? I heard- A BIG BANG!!!! A transformer blew up. My nerves were shot!!!!





I lit up a cigarette and I believe that a vendor selling hot dogs with a smoke isn’t a good thing.





I got lucky because I never sold any.





Robert came and I told him that it was a good experience because I will never be a vendor.





There’s a lot of things that can happen when you’re in public and it’s definitely not my cup of tea.




My hats goes out to all the vendors out there. It’s a job that I sure couldn’t handle!!!!



IMG_5596
IMG_8405

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"America Most Wanted"?? Are they looking for you?

Is there any job you can handle? Name one.

Anonymous said...

Cashing welfare cheques.

That's the only job he can handle.

Too lazy to do anything more than that.

Anonymous said...

Charles, you would think by the sounds of the two idiots making those remarks they were better than you. If the truth was known they are very jealous and probubly half as smart. You sure impress me, I'm a fan.

Anonymous said...

Bastarache, jealous of what? welfare cheques or rooming house?

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Anyone who spends 24 hours on this blog waiting for me to post a blog just doesn't have a life!!!!

It's clearing out there. Go for a walk!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, the name of your blog should be "million ways to make an a*s of myself". Many check to find out what new way you have found which kind of makes the blog funny. That is why you get the traffic that you do.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I'm glad that I'm making people laugh.....

Anonymous said...

I can't speak for the guy or gal who is on here "24/7" as Charles puts it, but he/she is a hoot. Speaking for myself, I can tell you Charles what the reason is I come on here. For Laughs. And yes, to see how ignorant you are going to be on any given day.
But mostly for the laughs.
The anonymous comments are in many cases the truth and the guy/gal on here who is always sticking up for Charles and running down Anonymous, saying that Anonymous is "jealous" is only making himself or herself look stupid because there is nothing to be jealous of here.
Charles is on welfare and in a rooming house. That is fact, not fiction. And you cannot go much lower in life that that , well, unless you're homeless.
Readership appears to be down on this blog though.
And I can only attribute that to the fact that the articles get more boring everyday.
I basically come on here for the comments. I think a lot of others do as well.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

What's wrong in living in a rooming house???

I love it!!!!!

The comments are getting pretty personal here but that's ok and you people are wondering why I moderate the comments????


I said it before and I will say it again???

If you don't like it? Don't let that surfing door hit you in the head!!!

Anonymous said...

"What's wrong in living in a rooming house?" Nothing wrong. Do not misunderstand but at the same there is nothing to be jealous of. When this anonymous says people are jealous then that that is one of the most stupid statement there is.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who spends 24 hours on this blog waiting for me to post a blog just doesn't have a life!!!!

There is no such person - other than you Charles. Posting literally hundreds of blog posts over a few days proves that point. You seem to have this little fantasy that there is just one person posting as anonymous. It's many more than one person, so while anonymous comments appear throughout the day, the comments are from numerous people. All you need to do is look at your precious little IP addresses to figure that out.

Regarding rooming houses... Correct, there's nothing wrong with living in one, so remember that the next time you complain about rooming houses or insult people with mortgages by calling them "rich", which you do, Charles, quite often on this blog.

Anonymous said...

My grandpappy told me "its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all dought. Well MR. Anonymous If your so well educated how come you are opening your mouth Fool. It takes a big man to kick a person when he/ she is down. No I'm wrong it takes a coward!!!!
Keep up the good work Charles.