Thursday, August 03, 2006

My letter will be printed in the morning....


Charles 04_07_05 020, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

I was all ready for a huge backlash against the Irving paper but I guess I guess my letter will be printed in the morning. Here's the letter -


To the Editor,

Once is bad enough but twice? I must write a letter of objection to your paper. On July 26,2006 you printed a headline in the court section - Protesters enter not guilty plea.

I wish to make myself absolutely clear on this issue.

I wasn’t a protester. I was covering Atlantica for my blog.

I was in the area when the protesters ran through the doors at the Trade Convention Centre.

As any good journalist. I know a good scoop when I saw one. I was with the media taking pictures for my blog.

The police officers bypassed the protesters and the media. They zeroed in on this little blogger.

The question is why?

I might add that once in jail. The Saint John Police Force deleted all my pictures.

The media of CFBC and CBC covered my day in court in a very good manner. They called me a Blogger but your paper called me a protester.

The question is why?

The Irvings owns all the major newspapers in this province therefore bloggers will be the journalism style of the future.

This court trial will determine how bloggers should be treated in New Brunswick.

It is a first in this Province. This is a very important issue.

I just wish to make myself clear to your readers that I wasn’t a protester but a blogger.

Thank you!

Charles LeBlanc
Fredericton

No comments: