Monday, September 11, 2006

NEW BRUNSWICK PROVINCIAL ELECTION- IT WASN'T A DEBATE!! IT WAS A SOAPBOX!!!!


IMG_9529
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Ok...I only chatted with someone about the so call ARGGGG debate!!!

I didn’t read no other blogs so I’m going to give my views on this sad experience.




Last week someone gave me a ticket to attend this so-call political debate in Fredericton this evening.

I arrive there knowing that I might have a little fun.

Maybe someone would see me taking some pictures outside of the building and say - Charles believes he’s going inside and little does he know that he needs a ticket to get in there.
< MORE INSIDE THIS BLOG!!! >
I was ready to argue the point that I was a blogger and I should have permission to get in there.

I always say- I’m the biggest blogger in New brunswick with over 125,000 visitors to my site and I might add that I’m also the biggest bullshiter you ever met in your life!!!...lol....Makes it a very interesting blog!!!

Anyway, While near the playHouse I notice a large protest outside of the building.

It was a group of citizens from St. Anne-Nackawic.




IMG_9483



They’re fighting for their pensions. Their Mill was in trouble last year and shut down.



IMG_9485IMG_9484IMG_9486



I decided to take a few pictures and of course I recognized a few people in the crowd and many chatted about the blog.



IMG_9487IMG_9489IMG_9490IMG_9493
IMG_9494
IMG_9495
IMG_9501



Finally Bernard Lord arrive on the scene and he was quickly met by the protesters.



IMG_9504
IMG_9505
IMG_9506



He never said a word and just kept on walking in the building.



IMG_9507
IMG_9508




The protesters noticed that his vehicle was illegally parked so someone called the police.



IMG_9511




Before the police arrive, the vehicle was gone.




You should have seen the look on the Police officer face when he saw me with the Camera? ..lol



IMG_9512



It was deja-Vous all over again!!!..lol



He had a sense of ha ha and played along.



I decided to go inside and I was surprise that no one gave me a hard time.



I noticed a couple of Irving's photographers taking pictures with their fancy camera.



IMG_9543




I walked out front and took a picture for my blog.




IMG_9539



I was again surprise that someone didn’t tapped me on the shoulder and order me to sit down.



Yes, two huge signs up front- Rogers Television < Old Germany > and the Irvings side by side. UGH!!!



IMG_9532




The host look and acted like Howie Mandel from DEAL OR NO DEAL!!



IMG_9531



The leaders chatted among themselves and had a few good laugh.



IMG_9534




The host reminded the audience to behave and no one was allowed to leave until the debate was over.




howie_n




The debate began and I soon realizes that it was going to be a zzzzzzzzzz..... because the leaders didn’t debate among themselves.




They just stood there and made speeches.




ARRGGGG!!!!




The deal or no deal host raise his right hand to let know the leaders their time was up so they had 3 to 4 seconds left.




howie_n




It was well stage for the television audience.




At the half way point the issue of VLT’S came up and I was ready to listen to Shawn Graham’s answer.




He said that we need to put the machines in one area and have addictive councillors present.





Come on???? He could have counter act Bernard Lord statement seconds earlier when he said that people have voted to keep these machines.





Shawn Graham could have added - Close to 50% votes to remove these machines even after the Ministers told New Brunswickers that if they vote to remove these machines? Services will be cut!!!




I might add that the coin operators spent a fortune in advertisement.




Shawn Graham could have added that he’ll shut down the machines for one day.





But he never said those things so I got a question?





Was those questions told in advance to the Leaders? If so??? I believe I know the reason Shawn Graham is down in the polls?




He has the wrong political advisers but that’s his problem!!!




Allison Brewer receive a good laugh from the audience when she said that both leaders should ride in the same bus.




I just couldn’t take it anymore. I had to get the hell out of that place!!!




Once at the door, the woman told me that I couldn’t leave!!! I had to wait!!!!




IMG_9544




I asked her if she had some Ritalin??? ...lol....




My God??? I was forced to stay in there for another 20 minutes. It was terrible!!!!




Once again, I enjoyed a smoke and an individual asked me if I wanted some tickets to the French debate that was going to be held at 9:00pm???




IMG_9548




I said- ARGGGG!! GET ME THE HECK OUT OF HERE!!! I’M GOING HOME!!!




Yes, it was a terrible debate because it wasn’t a debate but a showcase.





I don’t know how it looked on television but in person?




ARGGG!!!




So Bernard Lord remain calm and Shawn was a little repetitive on some issues and Allison cracked up a few lines.

It was terrible!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please...I see who is talking with the police officer. I hope he gets the "boot" soon....arrggg

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

same here...lol

Spinks said...

As always Charles, interesting commentary from a different point of view.

Rogers let you in?!? LOL.