Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Le Group rythme de Memramcook was fantastic!!!!


IMG_9417
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_8792


Over a month ago, I was asked by Father Brien if I would be interested in attending a reunion of Le Group rythme de Memramcook.

This will be the first time this Church Music Group came together in 25 years.



IMG_8790



I was honoured the Priest would ask me to attend this historical gathering in Memramcook.






The reason that I waited so long to blog about my experience is because I lost all the pictures but located them last night.



YES!! THERE IS A GOD!!!



I was very upset that I didn’t save all those pictures. Anyway....away we went towards Memramcook.



I told the Priest - I wonder who’s going to be more popular in the Valley?



Me or you???..lol...



I haven’t been in that area for a large gathering in years.



On our way? We noticed an eagle flying near Moncton and lots of election political signs.




IMG_9253IMG_9260IMG_9258IMG_9265IMG_9261



Once in Saint Joseph Father Brien made his appearance and he was immediately met with hugs of joy!




IMG_9267IMG_9268IMG_9269IMG_9271IMG_9272IMG_9272



The guy is the most popular Priest we ever had in Memramcook.




I decided to leave the Priest alone and left for a walk in the Valley.




I knocked at this citizen door. She’s a reader of my blog and she sure were surprised to see me in the Valley.



IMG_9326




I also noticed that I am getting old. I was met by people who knew me but I didn’t recognized them.



They told me they have kids 20 to 25 years old.




Yes, time flies like crazy.




I visited a few people but without a vehicle? It’s almost an impossible task to visit your good friends.




The train is still flying across its tracks.




IMG_9284IMG_9287IMG_9286




I noticed the old gas station is gone and in it’s place is a Legion Memorable for the soldiers who died in past wars.





a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpoldmaisonblogspotcom/272611555/" title="Photo Sharing">IMG_9291IMG_9292




It’s not often a person will witness a petroleum Company ready to clean up the area so the citizens can enjoy it.



It was nice to see Les Grand Mers.



The Tidal Bore used to be a sight to behold but NO MORE!!!



IMG_9278IMG_9281




The causeway has totally destroyed the Memramcook River.





So? I made it to the big reunion and it was a jam house.




I guess there were close to 400 people present.





Le Group Rythme de memramcook went on stage and sang with great Pride.




IMG_9390IMG_9358




I was a busy little ADHD blogger. I tried to take the perfect shot and clicking away I did!




Afterward, the group gave the audience another encore and they deserve a standing ovation.




IMG_9356IMG_9356



Afterwards, I shook hand with Father Brien for a job very well done!!!




It was the end of a perfect evening!!! It was history in the making.




Many in the audience had tears in their eyes.




Just like myself, I went back in time where I was just a small child.



IMG_8790



The Priest leading a young band and now he has white hair.




He’s now stationed in Fredericton.


Who would have believe it?


Afterwards, we made our way to the Capital!!

Stay tuned for more pictures in future blogs!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! The town I've come to know as "home"...for now. Memramcook is very nice.

Anonymous said...

Très bon reportage. Félicitations.