Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My few hours with CBC towards Premier Shawn Graham office!!!


IMG_1164
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Ok...I may as well write a blog about my experience yesterday morning.

I was told to meet a CBC cameraman at 10:00am at Tim Horton’s.



IMG_1161



We had a coffee and notice Kelly Lamrock and John Foran chatting together.






Kelly always reminds me that a study on Ritalin will be done. He’s the new Minister of Education so lets see what’s doing to happen?



It’s funny how nice I am with Kelly Lamrock and Shawn Graham especially since they agreed that I should be banned from the New Brunswick Legislature?



f3



It’s a chest game and I just play along.




Once outside the Cameraman wanted to know what a blogger does all day long?






They’re doing a little newscast on blogging and I play the part well I guess?..lol..



I told the guy that maybe he could filmed me walking into Premier Shawn Graham office?




I had a plan?




Why not catch Kelly Lamrock off guard when he comes out from Tim Horton and ask the Minister to set up a meeting?




We waited and waited! The Cameraman noticed that I smoke a lot!!..lol....




Finally, Kelly came out and I decided to take a picture for the cameraman.




I quickly ask Kelly for a meeting with the Premier?




He looked surprised that the camera was filming his every word. He decided to play along and said that he was also a blogger!!!




I reminded the Minister that you don’t become a blogger by just blogging 6 months before an election.



He told me that he’ll talk to the Premier. I told Kelly that I would be waiting in the back of the Centennial Building.



I knew that the MLA’S in power parked their cars in that location.





I told the cameraman to move quickly because the cell phones must be ringing off the hook?...lol...We don’t wish the new Premier to make a run to escape moi would we???..lol..



Once in the back? We waited and waited!!!




The Cameraman made a few short interviews with me and I added that I’m certain that Shawn Graham will meet with me! No question about it but time went by and still no one to invite us in his office.




The Cameraman told me that he strongly believe the meeting won’t happen!




I have been hearing this a lot lately and I told the guy that Shawn Graham will continue to meet with the public! I will have that meeting today!




I decided that we’ll do it right and go out front.





On our way there, I noticed Doug Tyler and Joan Kingston chatting.




They were ready to walk in the building until I told them to stop. I told Doug that CBC is doing a news piece on blogging and it would be great public relation if he could arrange a meeting with the Premier.



He was surprised the camera was right there and he knew that I wanted that meeting.



It would be a short one. 5 minutes TOPS!!




In and out the door!!!




I had to play for the story so I took a picture of them and Doug quickly said- Charles? You got to stop that!!!




IMG_1166



I just can’t stop myself! It’s good for the blog!!




We proceeded in the back of the building and someone came out telling us that the Premier was waiting.




Up the stairway we went and I must admit that it was a nice feeling walking down the hall towards the Premier’s office.




I noticed Shawn from far away and I would have like to take a picture but CBC was right behind me filming so therefore I had to act a little like a proffesional.




Once in his officer Premier Shawn Graham greeted me and in a sign of respect I called him - Premier!!!




IMG_1167




He chuckled because I don’t believe that he’s comfortable being call Premier.




From now on, I’ll just call him Shawn!




Once he sat down. I told the Premier that if Frank McKenna would have been in power when I was protesting? I would have never stayed in that tent for six months!!!

charlesCharles and Brad 003



He would have invited in his office and say - Charles? What seem to be the problem?




I’m certain the protest would have been done in one day!!!




Bernard Lord has never invited me in his office and I hope that Shawn Graham always keeps the door open to New Brunswickers.



Charles 04_07_05 070


Ok....my speech was done and it showtime!!!





I got ready to take some picture. Guess what happened???





The batteries in my camera were dead!!!!




GRRRRRRR.....





There I was standing in the premier’s office and no batteries!!! SH#T!!!!








Luckily, I had two spares in my pockets.





I took a few picture and asked Shawn to pretend he’s signing something?





I quickly added - Are you signing those papers ordering a study done on Ritalin? ...lol... < I had to say that. >




IMG_1169





I reminded the Premier that Tim Smith would love to meet with him in Fredericton to discuss the issue of VLT’S!





Before leaving, I took this shot of the cameraman. Hey? I'm the blogger and I need those pictures...lol




IMG_1171
IMG_1170




I thanked the Premier very much and away we went.





The whole episode must have lasted close to 5 minutes.




I got my pictures and CBC was happy!




IMG_1175




Everyone went home a happy camper!




Afterwards, the cameraman had to get some new batteries for his camera.








I wasn’t too keen to let all New Brunswickers seeing where I live.




I live in a small room in a Rooming House. But I am fighting for these people to have some protecting so what the heck?




The cameraman filmed me blogging the picture of Shawn Graham.





Afterwards, we went at the Fredericton Soup Kitchen for a meal. The guy filmed me eating in that place but what is there to be ashamed of?



I go there once a day < supper > and that’s the way it is.




Afterward the guy went to his studio and the filming was all done!




I’ll let you readers know when the newscast will air!




I wish to thank Shawn Graham for allowing me in his office with CBC!





He sure didn’t have to do this and I’m grateful!!!




IMG_1173

No comments: