Wednesday, December 13, 2006

JACQUES POITRAS TO LEAVE CBC!!!


P1010088
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Dear gallery colleagues, communications types and bloggers -

I wanted to let you know that I will be taking an unpaid leave of
absence from the CBC during the first three months of 2007 to write
another book. The subject is the Beaverbook art dispute. Like my first
one about the N.B. Tory party, this book will be published by Goose
Lane Editions of Fredericton. They'll be sending out a press release on this today or tomorrow.

It will be published in the fall of 2007 so this will be a fairly quick project. Naturally, you are all invited to the book launch - time, date and location TBA.

My last day at work will be Friday, Jan. 5. I will be back at work
Monday, April 2, and I will send you all an e-mail then to remind you
that I'm back. I'll also be teaching a night class at the St. Thomas
University journalism department one night a week during this period.

Talk to you soon,

Jacques

Jacques Poitras
Provincial Affairs reporter
CBC Radio New Brunswick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the book on the tory party?

Anonymous said...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2006/12/13/nb-lordsfuture.html

Anonymous said...

Charlemagne,
The name of Jacques' "Tory" book is called The Right Fight, released about 2 years ago. I read it over the '04 holidays & it made the rounds through some of the other Fred-à-Pierre's. Really enjoyed it & would like to breeze through it again someday. It's a good read for anybody who likes NB political history. Marxists might not enjoy it:) Don't know if the Beaverbrook Art Gallery controversy merits a whole book (maybe an essay) but if anyone call pull it off, Poitras can.
-cousin raincheck