Friday, January 05, 2007

GEORGE PIERS WHO RUNS THE FREDERICTON SOUP KITCHEN GOT HIS TRUCK STOLEN BY A SCUMBAG FROM ONTARIO!!!


IMG_5278
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
This will be one of the nastiest blog I ever wrote and it’ll be very hard to beat this disgusting story.

Lets go back two summers ago at the Fredericton Soup Kitchen.

I would volunteer my service and a person would always notice a strange face arriving to this much needed place.

The summer of 2005 was no exception.

A guy name Toby showed up and right from the beginning he raised some red flags.

There was something strange about this guy?

He was short and had a crazy laugh.

He soon began volunteering his service to the Fredericton Soup Kitchen.

I remember one episode that he quickly lost his temper with me. < which don’t happen too often >

This is a place where different mentality comes face to face and George Piers always makes certain that everything is under control.



Charles 04_11_05 019




It’s like a time bomb ready to explode but everyone works together and everything is ok.

George has a tremendous job. It’s not everyone who thinks or acts the same < people who used the kitchen are included >

He’s a former teacher and he knows how to handle the situation.

Going back to Toby?

I knew there was something fishy so I confronted the guy.

I asked the guy if he had ADHD? < He looked the hyper type. >

He told me that he didn’t but he was from Ontario!!!

I quickly shot back- Ohhh??? That explains a lot!!!..lol....

Tody manage to locate a job at the Soup Kitchen and I quickly learned that he was trying to be someone that he was not.

He wanted to be trained as a cook for the Soup Kitchen.

On a few occasions, Toby was in charge and I might add that it wasn’t a good atmosphere.

Who was this guy Toby?

Well, we quickly found out that Toby got himself in trouble when he drank.

I remember one day when he showed up with a black eye.

Nobody said much and move on.

I also noticed that he wouldn’t have his picture taken. < You’ll find out the reason later in this blog >

Months later, we heard that Toby stabbed someone in the City therefore landing in Jail for close to one year.

We also learned he had a record a mile long in Ontario.

Everyone was surprised that Toby was a very naughty boy!!!

So? I was right! There was something wrong but the situation got worst.

While Toby was in Jail? Gene < cook > and George kept in touch with the guy and Toby came out of jail around one month ago.

I walked into the kitchen and there was Toby sitting down and he must have gain around 30 pounds.

I noticed everyone gains weight while in jail. I wonder why?

He still had that crazy laugh and greeted me.

I just said - Hi there and kept on walking. He’s not the type of guy that I would have a conversation with.

I was surprised to hear that George Piers invited the guy in his home.

George believes that a person deserves a second chance and that’s the way it is.



Picture 018



George always helps people in need.

Last week, I heard George talking on the phone and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing?

George told me that Toby stole $500.00 from his house and also his truck. Sorta looks like this one.


IMG_5208



Toby was drunk and was heading towards Ontario.

From what I’m told the Fredericton Police Force received three 911 calls about a drunken driver driving out of control but they never caught the guy.

I couldn’t believe that someone would steal a truck from George.

I quickly replied- YOUUUUUU???? HE STOLE YOUR TRUCK???? It would be safer to steal the Premier’s vehicle than George.

Words spread like wildfire about Toby’s action and one thing is certain? Toby will never show his face in the Capital again!


I walked outside and quickly turned back asking George if I could blog this disgusting act?

He told me not to say a word until the truck is found.

I might add it almost killed me to remain silent on this issue.

Well? George Piers’s truck was found yesterday in Brampton, Ontario.

I guess Toby tried to put his clothes on fire in the back of the truck?

Toby is still on the loose.


George will get his truck back in a few days.


This shameful act will not stop George from giving a person a second chance in life.

Yes this is one of the nastiest act I ever heard of.

Of all the people to steal from?

The man with a good heart.

Many questions remain unanswered such as this one.

Once George contacted the OPP < Ontario Provincial Police > They told him Toby was wanted in Ontario for Grand theft!

They could have picked Toby up when his jail term was done in New Brunswick but decided to charge him once he gets back to Ontario.

In the meantime, this thief can commit many crimes while he makes his way to the Central province.

I was told that it would just cost too much money for the Police to come to New Brunswick.

I’m sorry but I’m missing the point here.

Yes, Toby will be caught and once again jailed but one thing is certain?

You will never see the likes of him in this City again.

People who are poor and appreciate the help from George Piers have long memories.

The scum of the earth sure fits the likes of Toby!

I’m glad that George Piers will have his truck back.

There’s always something happening in the Capital.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a former drunken ruffian I would have thought you'd be more sympathetic Charles.

However, I believe the real culprits in this case is the Ontario Provincial Police. Its interesting that you can be charged for not stopping at the scene of an accident, in fact for 'not doing anything'. Whereas the police can do even worse, can refuse to do anything when they know it is very likely, in fact more than likely, that a person will re-offend.

If this guy is a drunken criminal then drunken criminal behaviour is all that can be expected, so the ones at fault are the OPP. If he had killed somebody while drinking and driving how much would we hear about it? We'd only hear how 'bad' drinking and driving is.

The OPP are criminally liable for the truck and money, they should be sued for it. All those people going on about drinking and driving should be all over the OPP on this one, had he killed somebody they should be tried for accessory to manslaughter.

You should do your ontario readers a favour and ask the police for his mugshot to post, or see if there is a police site that has one. Isn't it great when we have to do the police's work for them!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I have never been so insulted in all my life!!!

What do you mean that I used to be a drunk????

I still am!!!!!

lol

Anonymous said...

Yes we need to be compassionate and understanding of Toby's situation and his addiction to whatever substance that he has found himself in bongage to. However, that does not exclude the fact that a Crime that he has committed. I know Mr. Piers and have worked for the gengleman and he is a decent person who has tried to help anyone who needs a hand up has been work contracts that I have worked for him at the Kitchen and I have been volunteering at the Kitchen off and on for years. I like toiby and cannot for the life of me understand why he would deliberately do something against anyone. I sincerely hope that he gets the help to deal with his problem soon. before he winds up in so much trouble that he cannot find his way out.

Anonymous said...

Amen to the above. As a former drunken ruffian myself I can well undestand how he can do this. Whether he gets help or not is the point, in jail he won't get it, and I doubt he'll get it on the outside. That is why they call it 'under the influence'. Anybody that thinks people who drink behave as they normally do has never been to a university club or a bar. There's a reason there was a temperance movement to wipe out alcohol completely. Alcoholism is a disease, and people under the influence do all kinds of things. That, of course, doesn't excuse him, but it certainly makes one look at the OPP in a different light. If they knew all these things, they certainly shouldn't be gambling with peoples lives. I can at least understand his behaviour when intoxicated, but to understand the OPP, who are supposed to be sober, and 'protect and serve' takes a lot more work to wrap my head around.