Wednesday, February 14, 2007

AIDS NEW BRUNSWICK ON THE STREETS OF FREDERICTON ON VALENTINE DAY!!!


IMG_8647
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
While walking the streets today.

I was approached by these two girls saying - Happy Valentine Day and handed me a little package.



IMG_8646



I began to laugh once I found out it was a Condom!!!

I also noticed that these girls didn’t discriminate. They handed the condoms to people in their 40s, 50s or 60s!!!

I heard that some people weren’t amused but I believe it was funny!

I took a handful and had some fun for the rest of the day. I got rid of the condoms really quick.



IMG_8648


So do you think it’s a good idea by AIDS New Brunswick to hand out Condoms on Valentine Day?

I don’t see any problems.......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, for once I actually agree with you

Kira said...

I think that its a great idea Charles! I'm sure there is a lot of sex being had in fredericton tonight and the fact that AIDS New Brunswick is taking this into consideration and handing out condoms to make 'safe sex' is really a nice gesture. It shows that they love the people of fredericton because they don't want them to acquire the HIV virus. Good show AIDS NB!

Anonymous said...

I agree that it is a very good idea to pass out condoms on Valentines day. It is a great way to promote safe sex. Especially where AIDS can be contracted through unprotected sex.
The people who don't like the idea are probably not affected by anyone with aids. I am sure that they would change their minds if one of their relitives were infected with the aids virus.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to know what kind of fun you had with the condoms and how you got rid of them

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

:P....the fun I had was to watch the reaction on the faces of the people once I said - Happy Valentine then give them the life saver gadget.

It was funny!!!!

Spinks said...

The motivation is probably a good one but I'd be wary of using a condom (usually these ones are not as good quality as ones from the drugstore) handed out like candy in sub-zero temperatures. Temperatures can cause problems with the latex. Then there's the fact AIDS NB needs to be a little more intellectually honest. There remains a risk even with a condom. Promoting monogomy along with their other messages would be more honest but that's the one true risk-reduction method proven to work that is suspiciously absent from AIDS NB messages.

Anonymous said...

It was a great idea to hand out condoms on Valentine's Day. Whoever thought this up deserves a raise :-)

Anonymous said...

its probably a national event to give out condoms on valentines day