Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Can a immigrant be elected as a councillor in Fredericton???


Pictures 616
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_8708

There never was an Acadian elected as a Councillor in Saint John.

Saint John has no ward system so anyone from all over the City can run for public office.

This is why I was very surprise once Jay Chang was elected as a Councillor a couple of years ago.

Now if Saint John had a ward system in place? I believe Jay would have never gotten elected.

So? I wonder if an immigrant could be elected as a councillor in this City with a ward system in place?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I voted for him but it won't happen again. Happy he is have a great time. He sure has not met his obligations and many other councillors, along with our mayor; they need to go.

I believe in giving some a chance but they have had too many over the last three long years.

Anonymous said...

Charles, I always thought you were a savvy political blogger. . . everyone is entitled to their opinion but when people travel down that thin line of discrimination it really shows how far this province has progressed. .. When we look at the rest of Canada and the fantastic work immigrants have done and are doing we should be begging them to repopulate this province. Maybe the reason this province only receives less than 1% of immigrants that come into Canada is because of thoughts like this.
Lets work together! I'm a positive guy that cares about my city. Thats all I am!