Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nicole Dupuis words will stay with me forever and ever.....


IMG_9334
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
I’m a little down tonight but a phrase someone told me years ago cheered me up.

I’m going to go back to the year of 1980.

I just began a job at the Shipyard and I had a brand new car.

I was parked near the post office at Saint-Joseph.

There was a ball game and everyone was enjoying the beautiful evening.

I noticed Nicole Dupuis and her friend Louise walking side by side toward the Church.

They sure looked good.

They were pretty girls and were all dress in dark blue. < Jackets and Jeans >

Hours later, I heard some terrible news that Nicole got hit by a vehicle in Memramcook West.

It didn’t take long for word to spread that she was dead.

My God! It was terrible.

The news hit the Valley very hard.

I might add the driver wasn’t drinking.

It was just a bad accident.

I went home and like everyone else took the news very hard.

I gathered some pictures.

I collected them at my high school during my graduation.

I would say that 99% of the youths who gave me their graduation photos wrote in the back - Good luck on your bicycle trip across the States.

I was leaving for a long ten speed bicycle across the U.S.A.!

I noticed Nicole’s picture and slowly turned the photo.

She never wrote anything about the bike trip.

She wrote - Garde toujours ton Willpower!!!!

Translation - Always keep your Willpower!!!

I broke down and the funeral was a big one.

It was so sad!

Nicole was in her coffin with a red dress. She was so beautiful.


IMG_9334


The Acadians in the Valley as many other young deaths < many died in their younger years > in Memramcook?
.
They moved on.

Yes, Nicole was here for a very short time but those words always stayed in my mind or minds.

Garde toujours ton Willpower.

Yes, once in while we have to remind ourselves that we all have the willpower to move on with our lives no matter how difficult it is.

Nicole is long gone but those words will stay with me forever and ever.

Sort of like a beautiful Angel that came with a message and went away.

Nicole etais une tres bonne fille avec un bon gros coeur!

No comments: