Friday, March 02, 2007

WHO ARE THE PORTER'S ANYWAY???


IMG_8077
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_8469


Who are these people anyway? Very good question if you asked moi?

I first came across Tim Porter when I landed in the Capital in 2003.



IMG_9041



I noticed every instance, I chatted with Bernard Lord or the Ministers? He would be always be around and interfering by telling the MLA I was chatting with to move along.

At the end, I would always tell him to back off once I began a conversation with an elected official.

At first, I didn’t know who he was?

I was told that he worked for Communication.

I said- Ok.....Why is he always around our elected officials?

Chisholm Pothier was sometime in the area but he had a good attitude.


IMG_5568



I recall Chisholm once told me - Charles? You don't know what my job is do you???

You know what? He was right on because of the way Tim was going on? I didn't know what was his job???

I was confuse!! < Not the first time!!!! >...lol

Now? Where I had grave concerns of this Tim Porter guy is when Prime Minister Stephen Harper came to the Capital.

You can read the blog by clicking below-


target="_blank">Charles
Blog



I wasn’t amuse. What’s Tim’s job? Security or Communication?

Then came the time Bernard Lord walked into the Lieutenant Governor building to announce the election.

All the media ran up the stairs to take a good shot. I was also looking for a good picture until Tim Porter ordered me off the steps. < I was at the bottom >

Click below for story -


target="_blank">Charles
Blog



The election was over and I will admit that I was a little upset when I noticed Tim Porter walking beside Premier Shawn Graham.

Then I came face to face with the Father - Gordon Porter.



IMG_8469


He took the place of Alama Palmer < Am I spelling her name right? > who was the chairperson of the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission.

Alama was outspoken on different issues so therefore the bureaucrats had to take over!!!


Tout fini!!!!


Gordon Porter told me that the issue of Roomers and Boarders will be address and I expected a media release but it never happen!!!

Gordon Porter went further by going around the Province promoting the rights of the poor.

He made certain that the locations chosen where to far from the poor population to attend.

I might add that he was right on because nobody showed up!!!


IMG_8641



It was a disgrace!!!

So? I have to asked the Question?

Who are the Porter’s anyway?

How can the Porter Family name be so powerful within the Bureaucratic systems?

Do they come from a Royal Family bureaucratic Tradition?

I am new in this City and I really don’t know what’s going on?

The Porter’s are no friends of the poor.

That’s for sure!!!!

I believe the Porter’s should be granted a position somewhere in a small office.

Out of sight and out of mind.

But then again? Maybe they’re so powerful that they can do whatever they wish?



IMG_8077IMG_8469



Who knows?

Maybe the Family name of Porter goes back 300 years in Fredericton?


Who truly knows????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting thoughts Charles. There seem to be a lot of father-son teams around fredericton. However, ultimately, the buck stops with the Premier. He can hire or fire anybody he wants. These people are not showing up and putting guns to Graham's head and saying 'listen up yous, here's how we run this operation'.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

UGH!!!!! The gramaaarrrrr wasss terrriibblleee inn thisss bloggg!!!!!!

Very bad....I was in a hurry!!!!

C'est la vie!!!!

Anonymous said...

It goes to show that just because you change parties whats behind the scene stay exactly the same no real change!

Anonymous said...

Hey Charles...Tim here...A few people suggested I check out this site today...great stuff...I don't know about the royalty business but you are truly the King of Comedy...keep up the good work and if you need a new photo, I can arrange to meet you next Thursday at 8 a.m. I will be crossing King Street on my way to the Second Cup. You can catch me going in or coming out. I will walk slow.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

You mean that I can have coffee royality style??? Opppsss I mean tea????...lol

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Porters just worked for a living and got jobs in government. I doubt they come from some royal buracratic family. The government doesnt really just give people jobs.
He probably stops you from talking to the elected officials because of his position in communications. It would be his job to make sure they dont say something stupid. Its not so much him shutting you up as it is him shutting them up.