Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Governor General Michaëlle Jean had a good chuckle with Charles....


IMG_7167_edited
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_7101IMG_7112


Tuesday morning, I decided to show up at the New Brunswick Legislature to cover the arrival of the Governor General Michaëlle Jean

Once there, I was quickly confronted by the Fredericton Police Force.



IMG_7115



I said to myself - Here we go!!! They must have work very hard behind the scenes of how to handle me?

They are going to tell me that I’m not allowed on the Ground of the Legislature.

They never said a word. As a matter of fact? They were very polite.

I continued on but I wasn’t comfortable. A person could feel the security around ya.

Many Police officers, R.C.M.P. and the Secret Services.



IMG_7105IMG_7121_editedIMG_7188



I did notice many immigrants standing in the cold rain for a chance to meet the Governor General.



IMG_7113



A few were surprised that I was on the ground of the Legislature.

I noticed Dan Bussieres standing on the front steps.

I tried to ignore all the security. I might add they were watching my every move.

The star of the show arrive on the scene and the media went crazy.



IMG_7145



I decided to stay behind the so-call barricades.

I knew the Governor General would walk right by me and I would take a good shot.

Sure enough, this is exactly what happen.

She was near Shawn Graham.

I went on one knee and took a few shots.



IMG_7154IMG_7160



Once I got up, the Governor General Michaëlle Jean was standing right in front of me.

I wasn’t there to shake her hand. I was there to take pictures.

But there she was and I got caught off guard.

Shawn quickly told the Governor General- This is Charles LeBlanc.



IMG_7148



Michaëlle Jean smiled and shook my hand.

I said - I’m a blogger.

I could tell by her facial expression that she knew exactly what was a blogger.

I quickly continued- I’m the biggest blogger in New Brunswick.

She must have believe- Boy!!! What an ego!!!!

I put one hand on the side of my face and in a low voice I said - I’m also the biggest Bullshitter you have ever met....lol

She let out a little laugh and tapped me on my arm.

She meant- Of course you have to be a bullshitter to be a good blogger. They go hand in hand....lol...

Michaëlle Jean showed me she has a sense of humor.

I wasn’t expecting to meet her Royal Highness but it was a good thing because I found out she’s a good person.

Of course, a few told me- YOU TOLD THE GOVERNOR GENERAL WHAT????

Hey? I know we have a protocol and I gave Michaëlle Jean a good chuckle.

We are very well represented at that appointed position.

I had my pictures and it was raining. I decided to go home and blog the pictures.

I could have stayed and take some good pictures of Quebecois Dan Bussieres < I need some new ones! ..lol > but why bother? Let them enjoy themselves in peace.



IMG_7137_editedIMG_7130



I had my pictures and it was raining pretty hard. I went home....

I took many pictures. I will use them in a blog later on this week.



IMG_7157_edited

12 comments:

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

bad grammar again and the server won't allow me to fix the problem....

arrrgggg..

Anonymous said...

Looks like there was more people there protesting the war than there was at the antiwar meeting months ago.

Anonymous said...

If the war protesters stand in front of the provincal buildings with no press around(which is what the government wants) what is the point if you protest on deaf ears? It only makes sense to do this when officials with press around them in hope of being noticed?

Anonymous said...

You couldn't show her a little respect and refrain from cursing when speaking to her? Were you wearing your blogger hat and blogger jacket? I'm sure she was thinking to herself you were a crazy person.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Crazy people are not allowed near the Governor General!!

:P

Unknown said...

You donkey, Charles. You don't call a Governor General 'Royal Highness', you reserve that privilege for members of the Royal Family.

Anonymous said...

Fredericton is the capital so of course she had to visit and then it was all French communities after that. I did not like that she spoke of the french haviing a hard time. We all have been having a difficult time.

All communities should of been included. I am Canadian, born in NB and happen to have french parents who were learning English and settled in an English community.

Definitely at that time we did not have teachers who knew french or could pronounce words correctly. The same can be said now for people who can't pronounce English correctly but that doesnot become an issue.

I believe we should know as many languages as we can possibly learn. My concern has always been when they make it manatory. Some students have learning problems with one language and are capable of doing a great job at their career but this requirement has held them back and it should not be the case.

Our society is very selfish and tends to cater to the brighter and more affluent people who frankly are not in need. Nothing seems to change quick enough; each child no matter the back ground deserves the same advantages and money from the government spent on their education. That is not the case as of 2007. No excuses are acceptable for all childrens future not just who some think are important.

French people are not over looked they have the upper hand with funds for many years.

French and English should go to school together and learn and listen to each other. Trudeau changed that years ago. To go to certain schools you had to speak french only or you went to an English school that taught french.

Example Grand Falls, NB-- years ago they played at recess and always picked up the skills of getting along and learning how to communicate. Now you can't; they separated them and even cousins can't go to the same school if only one parent is French.

I know because that happened to my family.

Now I feel that I am not worthy because I don't have a high level of French. I have tied but some of us just have problems expressing in French even when we understand the language.

Not expecting any sympathy just want changes for our children not going through this crazy system.

Some fall through the cracks and it is not their fault; the system works for a select group but lets include all people and step up now!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

3:06 AM??? I never called her that title in person.

It was just a matter of speaking.

Donkey? That's a first in this blog....lol

Michael G. McKay said...

Hi Charlie I believe that this governor General is a terrific person and she is a wonderful representative for our Great Nation I wish her all of God's blessing and the best of health to carry out her duties as Her Majesty's representative. Her official title is Her Excellency or if you are speaking with her you would address her as your Excellency. That is the proper Protocol format when speaking to the governor General. If the Governor General is a Man it would be His Excellency.

Anonymous said...

She deserves respect but like all people we need to really get to know them not just look to them as movie stars image. Anyone and act and play the part when all expenses and everything you need or want is catered to in a high fashion. Frankly that is not reality for most of us. Lets just say she doesnot have a bad hair day or lack in high end clothing.

She may be more then just a face with nice clothes; time will tell.

Anonymous said...

she is a foreigner doing a Canadian job

Anonymous said...

The Govenor General probably knew all about Charles before She got to Fredericton (and I think living in Canada) she has heard the term Bullshit before!?? When the Premier introduces You,Just take it that you are a special person Charles!!!ha ha!!