Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yellow Ribbons in Fredericton -I made a little boo boo!!!!


IMG_3376
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
I wanted to blog the issue of the Yellow ribbons Friday night but it would have been lost with the other blogs during the weekend.

But the comments are getting a little ugly.

I just wish to say the Mayor of Fredericton Brad Woodside and the officials at City Hall do support our troops in Afghanistan.

I paid a visit at City Hall on Friday and an official explain to me the details of the reason someone phoned the woman telling her to stop putting the ribbons.

I'll write more on this issue on Sunday.

Once again, our elected officials at City Hall do support our troops.

Stay tuned on Sunday....

Here's a blog I wrote about this issue in the month of April

Click below -


target="_blank">Charles
Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charles:

I noticed that one of your pictures of a yellow ribbon is nailed to the tree. This is wrong...not good for the tree. The ribbons should be tired around the tree(if a tree is used) and tied onto signs, appropriately. A gentle reminder to not nail the ribbons to trees. If this is City Hall's concern...then it is a legimate one.
It will be great to see my husband today, although for a short time. The ribbons mean allot to the troops and our families.