Wednesday, October 03, 2007

THE DRUGGING AND THE KILLINGS OF OUR CHILDREN - I STOPPED ONE CHILDFROM TAKING DRUGS. IT WAS WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT RUNNING THIS BLOG!!!!


pic3
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
Hi Charles.

My name is Mary Mcguire and I am formerly from Saint John, New Brunswick. I am an RN living and working in Corpus Christi, Texas. Someone forwarded your blogs to me - I'm not sure who- but I thouroughly enjoy them and thank you for all the very valuable info I have gleaned from them.

You see, I have an 8 year old son, and since grade 1, the school and teachers have been "pushing" the idea of using drugs to control his "ADHD". I even gave in at one point and allowed the doctor to prescribe Aderral for him - although apprehensive about it, and having read up on it briefly, I was not aware of the risk I was putting him at.

Eventually, he began improving in his schoolwork and became more manageable. But, when he began manifesting some side effects and the drug became less effective -and they wanted me to consider increasing the dosage - I became mildly alarmed and suspicious (some of the side effects were verbal and gestural tics, anxiety attacks, and chest pain- which I did not like as he is a mild asthmatic).

I decided to take him off of the Adderral, much to the dismay of the teachers and school.

I discussed it with the doctor, who didn't seem to believe me, and we discussed putting him on strattera, having the teachers and the school psychologist evaluate him for a learning
disability, and going from there.

This done, he was then diagnosed with a "learning disability" and put on Stratera. This did not work either,even with dosage increases and schoolwork grade modifications. In fact, he began falling asleep in class-from the stratera- so deeply, that he would sometimes fall out of his chair. This had not occurred before the Stratera.

Now that the new school year has begun, and I have all this new-to me- valuable info, I plan to do things differently. I have printed out from your blog, copies or the article about the 14 year old boy who died as a result of ritalin use, and plan to use it as needed for ammunition against anyone who tries to intimidate me into drugging my son further. I am also passing it on to anyone else who is going to or has put thier child on drugs -in order to make the schools job easier, and increase thier finacial funding.


Thank you so much

Mary Mcguire



P.S. You may publish this in your blog. I want to be a parent who helps stop this travesty of drug pushing and abuse towards our children. You may also check out my myspace site-although it is a little boring right now. I need to upgrade it;

mcguire4014@myspace.com

1 comment:

Muddy River Tory said...

Keep up the good work on promoting the inherent dangers of putting our children on drugs. No wonder drug use is rampant in society today..... some parents willingly accept their family doctors "hastily stated" diagnosis that it is the ultimate solution. Parents need to get more than one opinion for sure. As well, where is our so called Minister of Health (Mike Murphy) on this issue. Didn't you question him at length about Ritalin etc in the past with no avail. He reminds me of his Moncton cousin ... our Federal MP for Moncton-Dieppe-Riverview....always absent with any kind of intellectual comment on real issues.