Monday, November 19, 2007

Priere du Jour - Prayer of the Day!!!


IMG_5413_edited
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
IMG_5455_edited

http://catholic.net/

SPIRITUAL LIVING
Prayer and Devotions


The Gift of Sight
by Father Roderick Ermatinger, LC

Today, pray to Christ to open your eyes to see more clearly the person he wants you to be. Then, work to live your life more perfectly as a believer in Jesus Christ.

November 19, 2007
Monday of the Thirty-Third Week in Ordinary Time

Luke 18: 35-43

As Jesus approached Jericho a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging, and hearing a crowd going by, he inquired what was happening. They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." He shouted, "Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!" The people walking in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent, but he kept calling out all the more, "Son of David, have pity on me!" Then Jesus stopped and ordered that he be brought to him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?" He replied, "Lord, please let me see." Jesus told him, "Have sight; your faith has saved you." He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God. When they saw this, all the people gave praise to God.


Introductory Prayer: Holy Spirit, enlighten my mind and heart with the virtue of faith. I want to see my life in the true light of faith that comes from friendship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Holy Spirit, bless me with the virtue of hope. Never allow me to fall into despair or even into disappointment, since our Lord has defeated sin and death, opening the gates of heaven for me. Inflame my heart with a passionate love for my Lord and for my neighbor. Set it ablaze, and through me inflame the hearts of many for the Truth that sets man free to do the will of the Father.


Petition: Lord, I beg you to bless me with the gift of authentic faith.

1. The Grateful Beggar Who listens to a beggar? They always want something from us and never give us anything in return. Yet, aren’t we also beggars? Frequently throughout the day, every day, we request God for so many things. How often do we give God something of value in return for the things of infinite value that he has given us? In today’s Gospel, we see a thankful beggar. This man responded by giving glory to God, and the other people responded by giving praise to God. Are we grateful beggars?

2. The Eyes of Faith We see life through our own eyes. However, often our eyes see merely the superficial value of things, especially when we regard people, places, events, and things only with the eyes of our individual experiences and our self-centeredness. Here is a man who could not see physically, yet he had a more penetrating vision. How did this man see as he did? Do I behold Christ with the eyes of faith? Faith is a gift of inestimable value. Let us kneel in thanksgiving for this gift, asking also that we may grow and persevere in the faith.

3. Faith Includes Action Sometimes we profess our faith in Christ with our lips, yet our words and acts express something completely different. When we do not act consistently with what Christ expects of his followers, we need to ask ourselves why. Christ said that not all those who say “Lord, Lord” will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father. The will of the Father is that we follow his only beloved Son. This requires that we accept our Lord as our savior and act in accord with all that is implied in following him. Now is a good time to examine in what ways we are living our Christian faith consistently and in what ways we are not.

Conversation with Christ: Lord Jesus, you came to change hearts; change mine. At times I feel overwhelmed with sheer joy in knowing that I have the gift of faith, your great gift to me. Now I beg you to bless me with the grace to grow in faith, so I will see all things in your light and will do only the Father’s will.

Resolution: Today I will pray to Christ to open my eyes to see more clearly the person he wants me to be. Then I will work to live my life more perfectly as a believer in Jesus Christ. “They will know I am your disciple, by the love I have for others.”

No comments: