Thursday, February 14, 2008

KARISSA BOUDREAU WAS MURDERED!!!!


IMG_7125
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
I guess all eyes are on the family I guess????

Missing Nova Scotia girl was slain, police say
Autopsy reveals body found on the weekend is that of Karissa Boudreau
Last Updated: Thursday, February 14, 2008 | 5:12 PM AT
CBC News
Police have launched a homicide investigation into the death of a 12-year-old girl who disappeared from Bridgewater.

Investigators confirmed Thursday that the body found on the snowy shores of the LaHave River was that of Karissa Boudreau.

Police have confirmed the body found on Saturday is that of Karissa Boudreau.
(Bridgewater police)
"We're looking at a homicide here," RCMP Const. Grant Webber told reporters.

Police would not say how Karissa died or when, or whether she was killed at the spot where her body was found last Saturday outside the small Nova Scotia town.

However, they are calling Karissa's death an "isolated incident," and said Bridgewater residents should feel safe in their community.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2008/02/14/boudreau-homicide.html

She's with God now.....

IMG_3926

SPIRITUAL LIVING
Prayer and Devotions

Asking for What We Really Need
by Father José LaBoy, LC

Resolution: Today, seek to imitate God by doing good to those around you.

February 14, 2008
Thursday of the first week of Lent

Matthew 7:7-12
Jesus said to his disciples, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread, or a snake when he asks for a fish? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him. Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets."

Introductory Prayer: Dear Lord, many times I find myself asking for the wrong things in prayer. Teach me to ask what is really important for me: to love you above all things. I believe that only you know what is best for me. I hope in you because you are faithful to your promises, and you have promised us you will give us what we ask for. May my material needs never make me forget about my spiritual needs, which are much more important.

Petition: Lord, grant me the grace to want what God wants from me and ask him insistently to grant it to me.

1. Prayer Implies Effort Sometimes we would like to have things without having to exert any effort to get them. This might be possible on a material or human level, but it doesn’t work on the spiritual level. At a human level, though, we do value certain things so much that we are willing to exert any effort necessary to obtain them. Athletes, for example, sacrifice their time and comforts while training to win an Olympic medal. God knows that what we need is to use our freedom properly in order to seek the greatest possible good. God wants to give us what we most need, but he also wants us to ask for it. Jesus assures us that God will never leave us unanswered.

2. God Is a Good Father Jesus affirms that, unlike ourselves, God is all-good and cannot be bad. People get angry with God when, in their opinion, things go wrong. God doesn’t do evil things to us; the problem is that we do not see things as he does. When you have a cold and go out on a sunny day, the sunlight makes your eyes water. The sun hasn’t changed; the cold has made your eyes incapable of receiving the sunlight as usual. When we think God is hurting us, it isn’t because God is no longer good, it is because we are not living our lives with faith.

3. The Golden Rule That God is our Father means that we are all brothers and sisters. Human dignity lies in the fact that God has created each one of us in his image and likeness. What we all really need, and this is what we should ask for, is love. We cannot really love God if we don’t, at the same time, love others. In his first letter, St. John reminds us that “If anyone says ‘I love God,’ but hates his brother, he is a liar; for whoever does not love a brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. This is the commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother” (1 John 4:20-21). Our love is shown through our actions. The first level of love is to do to others whatever we would have them do to us. Without this first level, it would be an illusion to think we love others.

Conversation with Christ: Dear Jesus, keep me away from the dangerous attitude of thinking of myself more than of my spiritual welfare and that of others. Help me to understand that looking for myself implies losing myself. Only when I look for you above all things, will I find you and myself.

Resolution: Today I will seek to imitate God by doing good to those around me.

No comments: