Monday, August 01, 2005

3/4 OF THE KIDS ON RITALIN IN NEW BRUNSWICK ARE FROM POOR FAMILIES!!!

There’s a lot of people who seem confuse on the issue of Ritalin.

During my six months protest, I heard comment hundreds of suggestions of how the issue of Ritalin should be confronted.

Charles 04_07_05 001

Of all the suugestions I've heard? This woman came out with the best one.

Her name is Dawn and she has two children.

One with Autism and the other with ADHD. What a woman!


Every instance I get down on life? I think about her and I say to myself?

What the hell am I complaining about?

Anyway, I met this individual with a lot of patience during my protest.

She’s always on the front line when it comes to the issue of Autism.

During the last few weeks of the protest, she told me one major problem that exists in New Brunswick concerning Ritalin.

She told me that we need a proper double blind study!

What is that you asked?

Well? It goes like this!

There’s three players involved in this study. The pharmacist, the physiologist < is that who you spell it ? > and the teacher.

One day the pharmacist would prescribed a Ritalin and the other day he would prescribed a vitamin pill!

hitman-

Only the pharmacist knows what is prescribed to the child.

The teachers takes notes of the attitude of the kid in the classroom.

After a three weeks period a physiologist collect all the notes and decides what to do with the child.

Now! Easier said than done!

This study will cost close to $1,500 per child.

Guess what?

The poor families around this province cannot afford this study so therefore the Prescription is been given without a proper study!

I confronted Elvy Robichaud on this but it’s like talking to a wall!

Charles 04_07_05 061

The Premier always say - Hey? It’s up to the doctors so therefore the Government won’t get involved on this issue so therefore the drugging and the killing of the
children will continue till the next election.

I bumped into Dr.Dennis Furlong last winter and he used to be the Minister of Health and education.

This is a transcript of what was said on the Melanson Live show last year!

dennis
Charles 04_07_05 077

Ok…last evening on Melanson Live there was a guest name DR.DENIS FURLONG!! Remember him?? He used to be the Minister of Health and Education.

While he was in the Cabinet - He told me in the past that there wasn’t a problem with Ritalin and the issue shouldn’t be studied.


Well? Last evening was a total different ballgame!! This is what was said after I phoned the show-

Dennis Melanson - Just a very quick Question of what Charles was saying. Is Ritalin a quick fixes?


Dr. Furlong - Ohhh Yes, I think Ritalin is over prescribed and I think that’s an issue for the Medical Profession. It’s only prescribed by the Medical
Profession. However? I, myself even seen now teachers who send parents and children to my office suggesting they should be on Ritalin and because not all of them
all on because not all of them are truly hyperactive.

Well? You have to have an accurate diagnosis in order to at least some hope that the therapy is going to work because for over activity disorders and active
kids Ritalin will have no affect.

Denis Melanson - OK…and that’s the last word we’ll hear about Ritalin tonight!!!!

NOW???? I BELIEVE THAT ONCE MY PROTEST WAS DONE??? THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT SENT A MEMO TELLING THE TEACHERS THEY CANNOT ACT LIKE DOCTORS???

This is what he told Dennis Melanson last year on his television show.

Now he also told me that ADHD was over diagnose.

Only in New Brunswick that a Government will totally ignored the children.

A Government under Shawn Graham will put in place a Standing Committee to study the issue of Ritalin!

Charles 04_07_05 047

This is a certain fact!

Take a close lokk at this guy? He's the Minister of Transportation and as a child the system wanted to put him on Ritalin. See what I mean? If his mother would have agreed? I don't believe he would be a mInister today!

Charles 04_07_05 062

The prescription drug problem in this Province is totally out of control and the Lord Government just don’t care!

Charles 04_07_05 072

I wonder how many New Brunswickers have died because of the prescription drug in New Brunswick?

cemetery

That’s for my next blog!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know somethihg Charles, all of the politicians make huge and overwhelming promises that they will look into these kinds of issues. However I believe that this is truly the case. If they do look into this and other issues like this, they never release the totality of the information to the public. Also, in many cases they never do that study, they only make these promises to get the public to vote for them. Be very careful about what politician you put your trust in or, vote for. you and we could all be on another wild ride.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

This time around, I am certain that under a Liberal Government? These issues will be confronted by our elected officials!!!

Anonymous said...

The headline claims "3/4 of the kids on Ritalin in New Brunswick are from poor families".

This is a very sensational headline, and staggering if it is true. Charles, do you have any data to support this claim?

I don't think you do.

I'm pointing this out because you often wonder out loud why politicians and the media ignore you. This kind of thing is part of the reason, in my opinion. It makes you less credible.

I KNOW it's your opinion this is true, but opinions aren't facts.

This is just some advice from a sympathizer: don't claim facts unless you have the data to back them up. It gives opponents an opening to discredit you. ("He lies: see example A and B. Therefore, don't pay attention to him.")

Obviously, you're free to do what you want, it IS your blog. Just a thought. (Please don't shoot the messenger, lol.)

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Almost all the kids in the South end of Saint John are on Ritalin!!! That's good enough for me!!!

Spinks said...

Charles is right (about the south end of Saint John part) and that is enough to warrant a look. It's like the schools on the east side of Saint John. Half the kids have asthma. Irving Refinery is on the east side. Hmmmmm. No studies done but I can connect the dots. Significant number of children in the south end on Ritalin. Nearly all are poor. Hmmmm. No studies done backing it up but that's one heck of a coincidence.

Anonymous said...

"Messenger" has very good advice. He wants to be helpful.