Monday, November 21, 2005

J.D. IRVING PUBLIC RELATION NIGHTMARE CONTINUES!!!!!

jd
IRVING2
irving_big
gulf_logo
webkkk


Irving quarry causing homeowner havoc
Last updated Nov 21 2005 11:27 AM AST
CBC News

Residents of a west Saint John neighborhood want a local quarry shut down, saying it's damaging their homes and ruining their quality of life.


Several dozen angry people met with the mayor of Saint John and several councillors over the weekend to discuss the Bald Hill quarry, owned by corporate giant J.D. Irving.

At least one resident said his home's foundation was damaged by blasting.

"I spent $3,500 to fix my foundation and fix my drain, and I got a big crack," said Leo Richard.

"I call them and they come back with a letter saying they are not guilty. And now, from the two last blasts, my basement is leaking again. Who will fix that?" he asked.

* FROM AUG. 1, 2001: Residents criticize Irving quarry work

Saint John city councillor Ivan Court said more city building inspectors have to be hired to work with the provincial environment department, which hands out the blast permits.

Court advised resident to get copies of pre-blast surveys done by the company and suggested residents videotape their property when they know blasting is going to take place.

But resident Carolyn Messer said people are tired of having to be the ones to prove that damage to their homes was done at a certain time by a certain blast.

"Somebody - city hall or the province - someone's got to take responsibility for handing out permits without realizing what the repercussions are going to be for hundreds and hundreds of citizens," said Messer.

J.D. Irving countered the criticism, saying it was a responsible neighbor and was operating well within its permits.

When it opened in 2001, it placed nine seismographs around the site to keep tabs on vibrations from the blasting. It also offered to put a seismograph on individual properties. At least four homeowners took up the offer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sold my home in Milford in Aug and yes I had cracks caused by the Irvings Quarry. Because we no longer live there they probally will not come good for the new owners. And that is robbery as far as I'm concerned. Its sure feels and looks more and more like Irving owns our Province.

Anonymous said...

whats that in your hand charles?? a JJJJ

Anonymous said...

Charles, I think you have done a heck of a job with your Blog, and giving the people an opportunity to Vent and Voice their opinions on a wide variety of various issue.

I know your heart Charles is in the right place, but Wow Charles and pleae don't take this the wrong way, I think the KKK Jpeg image is a little too much.

The article could possibly be considered, a hate crime publication. Not because of the viewpoints of your readers, the KKK Image could be waht could be reason for those in power to shut you down.

I'm only suggesting the possible warning as an old war horse like yourself. " Remember the Flag Protester From Years Ago, for the Vet's "

Just as a suggestion Amigo`remove the KKK Image old friend. We're in a Politically Correct State now Bro`.

Don't assume or publish who you think this is, it might not be For Sure :>)

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Well,,,,I don't believe that it would be considered as a hate Crime since Gulf Operators < Irving Compagny > kept a racist supervisor in there. I might add that I told J.D. Irving face to face that he had a very racist supervisor in his Empire and he said- That's ok! I was standing with a sign in front of the Irving Empire saying that the Irving Management support racism! So therefore I don't believe a judge would side with the Irvings on this one! I know what you mean but the picture stays. I promise not to use it that often but once in while the readers must be reminded that J.D. Irving supports and promote racism! By the way? The racist supervisor name is - Brian Grant!!! Would I dare to mention th name if it wasn't true? Of course not!

Anonymous said...

Charles, every time you play the race or Hitler card you lose.