Wednesday, May 03, 2006

MR.MCFARLANE??? LEAVE THOSE VENDORS ALONE!!!!


RON, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

HOT_DOG Norm

Hi Charles, I didn't get yesterdays'

blog updates...

Are yu going to do a piece on the license hike in Saint John for the Hotdog cart vendors!!

I guess the mayor thinks he will be able to recoup some of the taxes he lost out on with the LNG contract, from the small business owners!!!

I guess M. Hooton isn't all she is professes to be for the small business owners, as not a word of support from her...

She will probably say she didn't know about the rate hike for the vendors...I wonder if they are going to charge the Christmas Tree sellers the same fee in December.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a test I repeat only a test in case of a real emergency please refer to someone who knows what they're doing. hows that??

I myself have posted ast least 8 comments on various issues of the day since yesterday and I have sent you seperate emails asking why you are not posting them?

Could they be intercepted along the way??

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with charging the vendors $2000 (just a 333% increase); I mean, doesn't the morally and intellectually bankrupt Comedy Council in Saint John have to recoup all the money it has given away to their pals the "look into my eyes" Irvings?
I hear the fella who had 4 booths is leaving town. And, not that I spend a heckuva lot of time "uptown" (or is that "downtown" Mr. Mayor?) but now have even less reason to do the same as I used to enjoy stopping and purchasing a hotdog from one of the street vendors.
If one thinks this to be progress for the city then you should think twice. But, then again, I wouldn't want anyone of the "powers that be" to strain themselves by using their brains!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone hear they are doing a survey asking people if they are happy with the Mayor, Councillors and all that has been going on in the City? Never called me because I would fill their ears. They only make calls to their people.