Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Irvings story on the front page is good for all bloggers in New Brunswick!!!


IMG_6264
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Jealous? Of course not!

I have been approached by a lot of people asking me about the front page story in today’s Irving paper?

They were curious to know why my blog wasn’t mentioned?

Well, I didn’t think much about it but I am very concern when the Irvings do a front page story on a blogger who has only been around for a few weeks.

In the past, I had new bloggers been coming to this site wanted me to promote their blog?

Sorry, it doesn’t happen that way. I got to know the individual or read his blog for a couple of months.

This is the reason, I don’t bother joining up with blogrolls because new bloggers will be added to my blog immediately.

That front page story reminded me of a letter to the editor that was printed years ago. It was the days of the C.O.R. Party. The individual wished every regular writer of letters to the editor a Merry Christmas. Everyone but not moi?

I believe that I read the message loud and clear. I believe this is the same action this time around. It’s not by a writer but The Irvings!!!!

I’m very glad that Spinks got his 15 minutes of fame.



IMG_6125


Maybe Spinks will be the new spokesperson for all the bloggers in New Brunswick?

Come on Spinks? Lets meet for coffee one day? Maybe the people in the area will not notice your hood in public?...lol

I believe there could be a connection to the Irvings with this new blogger but who knows?

Jamie Irving printed that story pretty fast.


jamie



One thing is certain? This story is good for all bloggers in New Brunswick.

I’m just going to keep on doing what I do best. I’m blogging away issues!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles, as you would say "what about moi???"

Anonymous said...

where does this Irving connection come from? In case you have not read the article, it is overwhelmingly negative against this new blogger. I think you see a conspiracy where there is not one. I highly doubt that the Irvings could care what you do and it's vanity for you to say so. how could you hurt them?

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Hurt them? Impossible but time will tell if I'm right on the mark on this issue?

Sorry NBPOLITICO...I guess I have way too much Spinks in my brains!!!

lol

Anonymous said...

So somebody is writing things on the internet that no one believes.

Stop the damn presses! This is front page material!

It's only January. Isn't that too early for intern season at the papers?

Anonymous said...

The blog is a good one-so far. However, the only irving connection is that they don't want to give you any more press than possible because you're always covering stories against them. The other two bloggers virtually never mention Irvings. Irvings don't mind people badmouthing government-but badmouthing them is a different story.

I didn't find the story that negative, the other bloggers were a little snippy, but since that's their competition that's not a surprise.

The stories at the blog seem pretty well substanciated, so hopefully they will continue. The only issue is the comment section, since now there is a 'tipline'. So the blogger doesn't mind taking credit for others tips, but doesn't want free reign at the site. So long as he keeps coming up with good stories he'll keep getting hits.

Don't feel bad Charles, being ignored by Irvings means your doing something right!

Spinks said...

Well, I won't be cold with that getup you have me in Charles.

This really all in all is a good story because it introduces a few more people to another media form blogging and no one had to get arrested. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprise you're not upset about not being in the story. You're always upset when the spotlight is not on you... like when you complained about not having coverage from the Irving newspaper at your trial in Saint John.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Someone is once again playing games.

Ok...The Irvings called me a protester twice when I appeared in court.

They were present during the first day but once the ball fell on my favour?

The Irvings quickly made an exit.

The only reason the verdict appeared in the paper < 4 days later ? is because the story made it in the New York Times.

Which reminds me? I have to make that complaint to the Senate?

Comprendnice?

Anonymous said...

The Irvings are pissed. Check out the date of the post about Liberal Propaganda and the TJ.... the next day their is a story on the front page! Front page? Come on.... this is a "page six" article. Jamie needs to pull out the screws from his head.

Anonymous said...

It is odd but usually stories are written well before. I think the timing is just a coincidence. Why would the Telegraph want to give media to a guy who is calling them propaganda?