Monday, January 01, 2007

IS SECURITY AROUND THE LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR A WASTE OF MONEY???


IMG_5096
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_5100IMG_5099IMG_5098IMG_5095



I decided to make an appearance at the Levee held by Lt.-Gov. Herménégilde Chiasson.



I knew it wasn’t a place for me but I went anyway.




Talk about class??? Ugh...Too much for this guy.



IMG_5136




But being Charles, I decided to have some fun with the Lieutenant Governor while I was there.



I walked in and immediately went in the hallway and took a picture.




IMG_5100


I asked his Royal Highness if I could take a picture of him and his wife?



He said- For your website??? Everyone knows about it I guess . . . lol.



I shook his hand and wished him and his wife une Bonne Heureuse Annee.



I added - Will you find some money to finish painting the flag pole out front during the year 2007?




IMG_1179



He smiled and said he’ll look into it.




You can read pass blogs on this issue by clicking below. Lol . . .


target="_blank">Charles
Blog




target="_blank">Charles
Blog




Once inside, I felt a little out of place. Since me mother is from Scotland? One day, I should show up at an event like this guy?...lol
READ MORE INSIDE

IMG_5117



I noticed the Queen of the Liberals Tony Barry was there with her friend.



IMG_5116



It was a high class event but it was nice.




I took a few pictures and decided to leave.




IMG_5132IMG_5131IMG_5130IMG_5129IMG_5128IMG_5127IMG_5126IMG_5124IMG_5123IMG_5122IMG_5121IMG_5120IMG_5119IMG_5118IMG_5115IMG_5114IMG_5111IMG_5108IMG_5106IMG_5104IMG_5102




The Lieutenant Governor told me the Irvings gave them the Christmas Tree.




IMG_5113




It’s the largest Christmas tree I ever saw in a building. I wonder where the Irvings got that one?




IMG_5105



I chatted a few minutes with the Royal Couple and left.




I said - I’m doing you people a favor? I’m leaving . . . lol . . .




IMG_5133




Herménégilde Chiasson has 20 months left in his term and he’s a nice guy.




One issue for the life of me I don’t understand.




Why are there all kinds of security for the Lieutenant Governor???




Premier Shawn Graham doesn’t have that kind of security and he’s the Premier of New Brunswick.



IMG_8033




I never been a fan of the Governor General or Lieutenant Governor because I believe it’s a waste of money.




I remember when Romeo LeBlanc came to Saint John? They blocked off all downtown. It just doesn’t make any sense.




But what the heck do I know?





Once again, Herménégilde Chiasson and his wife Marcia wishes everyone a very Happy New Year et Bonne Heureuse Annee!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a classy event. Booorrring!