Wednesday, February 07, 2007

National day of action to lower tuition Day and Dan Bussieres!!!


IMG_8245
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_8280
IMG_8396


I was asked a couple of days ago to attend the National day of action to lower tuition Day!

It was cold but at the last minute, I decided to attend the National Rally.

Everyone gathered at the U.N.B campus. Speakers gave a lecture to the students, media and onlookers.



IMG_8237



They began to make their walk around the S.T.U and U.N.B Universities.

They bought their concerns to management and I must admit once they walked into a building? It didn’t take long for the students to attract the attention. They made their point very clear.




IMG_8265




You know what? After walking that hill to meet the protesters? I was tired and after all that walk? I will admit that I’m getting old. I'm beat!!!!

I would run ahead of the group looking for that perfect picture. It was cold but the students were determined.




IMG_8246IMG_8245IMG_8243IMG_8234IMG_8228




After a few stops in both Campus. They decided to walk towards the Legislature.

They began to walk on the street towards the People’s House. I told someone - I wonder if the Fredericton Police Force will stop them like last year?

I was told that you need a permit from City Hall for a marching protest?

It went good until this nut tried to run over the students with his vehicle.

My God? The students were upset and had a good reason to be so.

We came close to the Legislature and I began to think? I knew there were some little barricades around the Legislature.

Will the students stand behind them?

Well, I quickly got my answer.

They knocked down Dan Bussieres barricades. < I’m certain many MLA’S would gladly do the same action?>...lol....




IMG_8325IMG_8324





The students charged the door of the Legislature.

I wish that I had been a fly on the wall once the Quebec Security staff saw on video camera the students running towards them?




IMG_8335



I was there yesterday and nobody bothered moi.




IMG_7960




So just in case something happens?

I would have the pictures as evidence.

It was just like Saint John? If someone had been assaulted or cross the line?

I got the evidence. Just doing my duty as a good citizen.

The students were loud and demanding to see Dr.Ed Doherty!!!

These two P.C. MLA’s quickly walked by without chatting with the students.< Old habits are hard to break I guess? >...lol...




IMG_8328IMG_8326



I was very surprised to see Dan Bussieres at the door.



IMG_8342IMG_8330





I bet he had the same feeling when he saw me with the camera.

The protesters demanded to chat with someone from the Government!!!!

Dan told the crowd the House was close and there was nobody in the Legislature!

The students got caught off guard so it was over!

Everyone was ready to call it a day until Dan walked by the protesters and came face to face with yours truly.

I never saw him coming so the first thing I taught was- WOOOAAAHHH!!!!




6




I was very surprise that he would face me in front of everyone.

He told me that I wasn’t allowed on the grounds of the Legislature and I should leave now!!!

Did he expect me to say- Yes Sir and leave???

Our conversation was in French and I told the Quebecois that I never had any signed papers telling me that I’m not allowed.

I’m just here as a blogger covering a story and suggested that he phone the Police to arrest me.

He said - You want me to call the Police?

Seconds later, two police vehicles quickly arrive on the scene.

I said - Boy! That was fast!!!!

Dan went to chat with them.




IMG_8370IMG_8371IMG_8372IMG_8376




I said to myself? This guy means business!!!!

He’s going to have me arrested???

The students quickly left the area and I followed them.

I did hear someone shout - HEY CHARLES????

I just ignored the guy and continued on.

If the Police wish to arrest moi? They know where I am!

While the protesters were leaving.

This guy came and said - Don’t you wish to talk to me????

It was the new P.C. MLA - Mike Olscamp.




IMG_8409





I didn’t know the guy but he knew moi? I wonder why he knew me???..lol

I must admit that he’s a good listener. He listened to their concerns and the students went home!

I must say that I was very concern that Dan Bussieres tried to degrade me in front of the students and it didn’t take me long to go at the Centennial building demanding a meeting with someone from the Premier’s office.

You must understand I never went public with the reason that I’m banned and many are amazed that I remain silent for so long?

Of course, if I’m charges? This issue will go public and this is not a good thing.

I bumped into Rick Brewer and Abel LeBlanc maybe this issue will come to a rest!!!

I doubt it because we’re dealing with a Quebecois and it’s been a game of chess since with Dan Bussieres ever since I first arrive in the Capital in 2002!

But this issue will really come to a head if I’m arrested.

We live in a democracy and I have the right to know those four individuals who made the complaint of harassment against me?

I’m ready to go to jail for my freedom of speech!!!!

The students did a good job in bring the issue to light and maybe some will leave some comments in this blog???

I'm over someone else computer and I took over 200 pictures. I will post them during the next few day!!!!

Stay tuned!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was born in Quebec and now live in New Brunswick and I take offence with your comments of Quebecquer. Back off you ignorant Acadien.

Anonymous said...

All about you hen Charles. You going to the Centenial building and demanding to see someone from the Premiers office. Man I would not give you the time of day.

I have no idea why you were there since you are not a student. I guess you just want attention. And this time you can't say that you were just there to report on the protest because there are pictures in this blog showing that you were in the middle of it.

You are a more than a kook you are a major pest. I can't wait for the day that you put in your place and I hope that I am there to see it.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to start moderating and getting rid of these useless posts. People that don't like the blog feel free to take a hike. It's pretty straight forward that Charles was covering the protest. Don't like it, that little address bar at the top of your screen works real wonders.

Ian said...

200 pictures, eh? My camera filled up at 180. I'm gonna have to get a new flash card to compete. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm scratching my head wondering why Dan Bussieres went to the police about Charles when he had dozens of angry students to contend with. And vandalists, no less! Did you see what they did to his security gates?! (LOL)

Goes to show what a "security" guy he really is. He already knows Charles is no real threat to anybody at the Legislature, but he doesn't know any of the students and what any of them might be capable of.

He should be fired for incompetence based just on that.

Anonymous said...

10:53am, it is true that dan bussieres should not be giving Charles a hard time, but it is extremely disgusting that you would make comments like that about students. Students are bright and creative; what do you think they are going to do? Burn down the building? Give me a break. Drop the stereotypes.

Anonymous said...

Dan likely talked to the cops about the protest not Charles.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 10:28 PM, I did not mean to make my opinion on students sound deragatory. In fact, I was joking for most of my post. That's what LOL means -- Laugh Out Loud. It's sarcasm.

My point was that Dan Bussieres knows Charles very well and what he is - or isn't - capable of.

From a risk perspective, Bussieres could easily assess that Charles is low risk to him, based on his past experience with him.

However, because he likely doesn't personally know any of the students in the crowd (or even whether they were ALL students) he can't assess whether they are a risk or not.

Therefore, he was wasting his time dealing with Charles when there were other potential "threats".

And before you jump all over that, I'm not saying that any of those people in the crowd would have been a threat. The keyword is "potential".

Bussieres is ex-RCMP officer, and he needs to treat a situation like that as if everyone is an equal threat. (It doesn't matter if they are "bright and creative" - you can still be all that and be a threat.)

My point is that it was negligent on the part of Bussieres to ignore the threat of the crowd, and to focus only on one person. Because of this, he is no longer able to be objective in his role.

Anonymous said...

2:39

hmmmm... fair enough.