Tuesday, February 21, 2006

CHARLES LEBLANC MAKES HISTORY??? I FELT BAD FOR BERNARD RICHARD!!!!

ts_tankermalleys
Picture 023
Picture 015

Yes, it was indeed a moment in history in New Brunswick but I’ll get to that later.

I arrive at the Legislature and I soon found out that every reporter was on a witch hunt for Tanker Malley.

Picture 063

I was also looking for Tanker because I wanted to invite the nice guy for a coffee.

I am very worried for his health. He’s overweight and the stress of the last few days will not help matters any but as a Proud Irish Miramicher?

Picture 061

He can handle it!!!...lol…

The spokeperson for the Liberals has been Kelly Lamrock.

Picture 012

I stood by and watch the reporters from ATV News and CBC French Television.

Picture 013

I will always call it ATV and never CTV!

I noticed a reporter walking close by so I asked - What’s going on now???

Picture 039

He told me the Ombudsman Bernard Richard was giving out his annual report.

Picture 041

I decided to follow them to his office.

Hey? Maybe I can get a copy of his report? Once there, they were directed to the Conference.

I noticed a guy watching over the situation. You know? The same someone stands near a politician once they speak to the media.

Poor Bernard!!!! There were hardly anyone there.

Bernard admitted that it was probably bad timing from his part because TANKER was the main story of the day.

Picture 049

I asked Bernard if I could listen to the conference?

He told me that he didn’t have a problem with me in the room.

Once he started to give out his report, I began thinking of that blogger that sneaked in during a news conference by the President of the United States.

I said to myself - Heyyyyy? This could be history in the making.

I got to ask a question?

It would be funny to see the reaction of the reporters in the room?

Would they tell me to be silent? I got to test this one!!!

I got no choice!!!!

Of course, I’m not a reporter. I’m a blogger. I decided to choose a question that if I would have read the whole report. I would have known the answer.

I asked - The second most complaints are from Family Services. What do those complaints conceives of???

Bernard didn’t appeared upset and the reporters never said a word.

Bernard said that he’ll answer that later but in respect of the reporters? He’ll answer them first.

He was very nice about it and he did answer the question in later stage.

I did my job and I could have asks many more questions but I decided to remain silent.

Hey? I did my job and I’m certain that I’m the first blogger in New Brunswick to attend a news conference and ask a question?

I’m a legend in my own mind!!!..lol….

Once I knew the conference was over. I asked one last question.

Bernard asked the reporters if it was ok?

They told the Ombudsman they were all done and the woman from CBC quickly grabbed the microphone before Bernard could answer my question?

Picture 032

I’m just a rookie and that’s ok.

My second question was about the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission.

He had to investigate 22 complaints.

Were these complaints from the Government workers or the private sector?

I never really got an answer but his job is to find out if proper procedure were followed.

In my view 22 complaints is a lot.

But the main story of the news conference was his message that the Ombudsman has no power.

Picture 035

Many departments refuse to give out some information therefore limiting the role of the Ombudsman.

So really??? asked Bernard…why do we need the office of the Ombudsman???

Good question?

Can Bernard continue to do this job if he knows he can’t do the job in a proper way?

Knowing Bernard as I know him? It wouldn’t surprise me that if he’s the first ombudsman in history not to compete his mandate.

There he was in front of the media and there were hardly anyone there because of the Tanker Malley issue.

Picture 072

The media were spread out all over the Capital hunting down Tanker. This was Bernard Richard moment to shine in the sun and it didn’t turn out the way he wanted.

Present were CBC French television, a reporter from Broadcast News, a reporter from the Irving’s papers and a reporter from English CBC radio.

It was just wrong timing from Bernard Richard part to announce his report.

Once he announced on Friday that he will held a news conference on Monday?

How the heck did he knew that Tanker Malley was going to resign from the P.C. Party on that Friday evening?

Well? It was a good experience for this blogger and maybe I’ll get another kick at the can on another day? Who knows? There’s never a dull moment in the Capital.

Stay tune!!!

Why keep the other picture in my file? Here they are.....

Tanker is suppose to announce his news conference tomorrow. Will I meet Tanker? Who knows what can happen???

Picture 011
Picture 012
Picture 014
Picture 015
Picture 016
Picture 024
Picture 020
Picture 019
Picture 018
Picture 025
Picture 034
Picture 036
Picture 072



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ar least you realize that it's only in your mind Charles! :)

Anonymous said...

Good work Charles, we knew you'd make it 'inside' one day! I'd like to know why reporters have so much clout. Perhaps I misunderstood but you said you asked a question and before he could answer the CBC reporter took his microphone? What the devil is that all about? Clarify that because I think I'll send a nice letter to the CBC, my tax dollars pay their salary and it sure isn't to act like that. It's like communist China all over again eh?:)

I think coverage of the auditor general should be more regular, this is yet another 'government corruption' story. If governments won't let their own employee's whose job it is to look at these things get information, what chance does the average person have? Government that acts in secret is NEVER a good thing.

I do have a criticism of Richard's office though, they are pretty slow to answer questions themselves.

I do have one question, has he ever used the 'access to information' laws to get any information? You'd think he would.

Anonymous said...

Yes I do question the system; why can't information be more accessible; no answer or quick reply leads to doubting what is happening.

Why feel sorry for Lord- remember the Orimulsion Fiasco, high car insurance rates (still high), he stated we all afford to pay more for power and many more things. The one that still haunts Saint John is the LNG Deal that was made behind closed doors and to change laws and pass a Bill to allow Billionaires a 25 year tax break is disgraceful and criminal. It was well known that Saint John needed the municipal tax dollars.
Look how the By-election was handled in Saint John; they tried to buy that seat but it all back fired. Thank you Saint John for doing the "Right Thing". Hoping to give the Premier a Booton too!

Anonymous said...

CBC is not working for Charles Leblanc alone or he is not their reporter. CBC is not obligated to hear response to his questions. Questions which were useless anyway.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Thank you very much but I did have the right to asks one question and I was happy!!!! Don't take much to make me happy????...lol