Tuesday, February 21, 2006

TANKER MALLEY AND THE MEDIA!!! HE LOOKED STRESS!!!!


1-tanker, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

I arrived at the Legislature earlier than usual.

Picture 033

As many of other individuals, I wanted to meet with Tanker.

After the little boom scare, I walked in the Legislature and I noticed Tanker running across the hallway in the Legislature with all the reporters following like vultures.

Picture 035

I quickly went for my camera but the Quebec security staff once again stop me in my track!

He told me that I wasn’t allowed to take pictures.

Their point is that I’m not a paid employee from the media.

Was I going to take a chance and click a picture and be evicted?

I decided to give in!

Tanker Malley looked tired and he quickly jumped behind the doors of the Chambers. There must have been over 30 people in the area.

Picture 034

He was attending a standing committee hearing inside.

I guess Tanker did meet the media outside on the front steps earlier in the morning but the media wasn’t done yet.

ts_tankermalleys

Not from a long shot!!!!

I noticed the Commissionaires and the Sargeant At Arms decided to hold the media in check.

Picture 045

I quickly witness a straight forward angry exchange between Dan Bussieres and the media.

They wanted to know why the rules change?

They said that Dan Bussieres couldn’t change the rules as he sees fit?

I guess the media were always free to access the chambers but not today because the main newsmaker of the week was inside.

Picture 014

I sent a couple of emails to Tanker inviting him for a coffee? Maybe he needs someone to talk to???

He was always good to me during my protest so maybe I can return the favor?

I chatted with some of the media people and I told them I was very concern of Tanker’s health.

He’s overweight and he looks tired. Stress is an awful thing and it sure has been a stressful period for Tanker since Friday evening.

The media wasn’t done with Tanker yet.

They needed and wanted their man because he was the individual that would sell news.

The highlight of the week was in the chambers and the media knew it.

I went in the gallery to see if I could see Tanker? Once upstairs, I was followed by the Quebec Security staff.

I wonder why he came upstairs to check on me?

Andre never did that before. I looked around from the gallery but couldn’t locate Tanker.

He wasn’t sitting in his old seat. He must have moved on the Liberal side.

Picture 020

I noticed two commissionaires looking staring at me so I decided to go back downstairs.

I noticed many members of the committee were going out for lunch so I got a hunch that Tanker might take the side door.

Picture 093

I quickly stood at the corner and waited to see if I could locate the newly independent MLA.

Maybe he'll come out from his office from this building?

Picture 092

I noticed Terry Andow walking by but I didn’t bother asking the P.C. executive if he saw Tanker around?

Picture 027

I decided to go back inside and I noticed Tanker was at the door of the chambers.

The media begged Tanker for a statement and he decided to face the press gallery.

Picture 060

Before he spoke Margaret Ann Blaney quickly had a little chat with the newly independent MLA.

One reporter was nice enough asking Tanker about his health?

Picture 050

I was surprised that you could have heard a pin drop before Tanker began speaking.

Picture 026

I must admit that it was very emotional. He was hurt!

Picture 051

Once he finished answering the first question?

I shouted – HANG IN THERE TANKER!!!

Here’s a brief of what he said. I took it from the CBC website.

Malley denies allegations of blackmail Last updated Feb 21 2006 04:09 PM AST
CBC News Miramichi MLA Michael (Tanker) Malley insisted he didn't demand anything from Lord in exchange for staying with the Progressive Conservative Party.
• FROM FEB. 21, 2006: Plot thickens as Liberal points fingers at new ministers
Malley met with reporters on his way into an education committee meeting in Fredericton. He confirmed meeting with Lord on Friday, but denied that he requested special favours from the premier. "In all honesty, I never had a list of demands. That's his version. My version. I never had a list of demands. No, I didn't make any demands," he said.
Malley quit the government last Friday, claiming to be frustrated that the concerns of his riding are being overlooked by the premier and cabinet. That decision turned a fragile majority government into a minority.
Saturday morning, Lord held a news conference and alleged that Malley made five demands to ensure he stayed in the Tory caucus.
Among other things, the premier said Malley asked for more money for his constituency office, more funding for an idled paper mill, and that Fredericton lawyer Cleveland Allaby be appointed a provincial court judge.
But Malley says none of that is true is surprised that Lord would hold a press conference based on their conversation.

Picture 103

"The discussion that I had with the premier Friday was supposed to be between him and I. And it shouldn't have been out in the street the next day. I'm very hurt, sad, I've always been loyal to the premier and he's also my friend but having been a private discussion I never thought that it would have been out on the street."
Malley says his priority now is to represent the interests of Miramichi in the legislature. "Miramichiers are very hurt, they've been bypassed four times to be heard in cabinet."
• YOUR VIEW: Readers respond to Tanker Malley's resignation
Late Tuesday, the rift between the rogue MLA and the government appeared to be widening as yet another senior Tory waded into the fray in defence of Lord.
Terry Andow – former executive director of the Progressive Conservative Party of New Brunswick who is now chief of staff for government members – said he also met with MLA Malley on Friday. Andow says Malley told him about a series of requests he wanted to present to the premier. But Andow admits he never saw the list Lord talked about on Saturday, and didn't attend the meeting between the two.
"I'm a little concerned somehow that the premier's word is being cast against Michael Malley's," Andow said.
"I guess whether you call them issues, or demands or requests, if someone comes to you and says 'I would like to have these things accomplished by no later than 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon,' how would one interpret them?You could only interpret them as a demand."

Once the interview was done, I once again shouted- HANG IN THERE TANKER!!!

After a few hours of hanging around the Legislature. I decided to go home.

I never had the chance to meet Tanker and chat with him. Maybe I’ll bump into Tanker this week sometime?

Picture 021

Who knows what can happen around the Legislature? Stay tune!!!

Picture 018

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Bernard Lord has finally flipped his lid.

He has no direction left and only lies will do to hold on to the thread of power he has left.

I see he even used his (FIVE STEP) plan to explain away Tanker Malley's defection by saying Tanker gave him (FIVE) demands including posting one of his friend's to the Judges bench.

According to the GREAT LIAR (Mr. Lord) he even gave him times and dates for his demands.

I believe Mr. Lord has far removed himself from reality and must be suffering from delusional desires of a different kind.

It is high time Mr.lord saves what little face he has left by just conceeding and stepping down to an early spring election.

From that point he may want to seek professional help for brain overload by admitting himself for a long rest.

Then upon his return home he should gear up for a battle of responsible representation of which he has no direction on the rules.

He obviously has no morals left and has stepped over just about anyone who gets in his way including his own party members who have also had enough of his antics.

Finger pointing,accusations and induendoes seem to be the order of the day.

No one seems to be exempt from his delusions,friend or foe.

In all my years of obsevance in this world I have never seen such gross intent to want to hold power over others with such ignorance and arrogance and at such a limitless supply.

He must snap out of his personal cacoon of Peterpanizm and start taking responsiblity for his unwanted actions and statements toward others of which there are many in line.

Justification and resolve to his hippicritical and strait out slanderous remarks that have always seemed to point out the problem as being everyone and anyones fault but his own seems to be boiling over these days.

As soon as this man comes out from under the peoples security blanket and once again faces those of which he has done many great unjusts he will have no choice but to explain his actions in full detail and not go and hide behind his title of Premier or minipulate the laws to work in his favor.


Mr.Bernard Lord:
The great Liar
Premier of New Brunswick

Anonymous said...

( A parting from office brief )


OverBoard With Mr.Lord!!

Overboard went Mr.Lord Into the river of shame.
And as he went down,he said with a frown
I have nobody else to blame

As the people they spoke My ministers I woke
Saying deal with these problems at hand
Putting them on the spot so I wouldn't get caught
For my plans that they don't understand

For I fooled all the voters on elections that day
Into thinking I’m the man for the job
They had no idea the price they would pay
Nor did I in creating a mob

I thought I could fool them into thinking I might
Be the premier of choice that would put up their fight
But instead I destroyed everything that I touch
Now the voters are saying they suspected as much

So they yell and they scream that they don't have to live
With a man such as me a ( Con-ser-va-tive)
And if truth should be told then I probably would
Agree with the people that I misunderstood

Reflecting back now with no choice I digress
My legacy, job and my life in a mess
And the rumor I’m hearing I suppose that it's true
Back in with the red and out the blue...

Be it Liberals or Tories, the people will choose
And with your new powers you must never abuse
For it turns out the people hold power of blame
So take care not to join me in this river of shame!

Timothy Smith 2005

Anonymous said...

Bernard Lord is too much into his "Five in Five". When he met Malley he was delusional about the Five in Five business.

As far his integrity is concerned it is total nonsense. It is like prostitute saying," I will not do it with this John. He asked me to take this position and that position. That is wrong. My virginity is very important to." Likewise Lord's integrity is like a prostitute's virginity.

Anonymous said...

There is a sad tendency here to lay ALL political blame on ONE person. Lord was elected leader by HIS PARTY.We do not live in a dictatorship, the Premier does what he does will full support of his party-that INCLUDES Tanker Malley, who even said so.

You'll notice even Tanker doesn't deny he gave such list to the Premier, otherwise he'd be talking lawsuit. All he says was "it was a private meeting..I didn't expect it to be out on the street", and "that's the Premier's interpretation".

Clearly there were things he wanted, even HE doesn't dispute that. Once again, people simply jump to conclusions just because they hate Lord.

This is POLITICS people. On another blog people are talking about how Lord can be crazy enough to allow a crook like Brenda Fowlie back in cabinet. Word on the street is she had her own list. So why would Tanker be different, if he's any decent politician, OF COURSE he had a list of demands. The real question is what they were.

Clearly some people think he's the messiah and beyond anything as mundance as patronage. Get Real. This is New Brunswick, and this is politics. It's ALL about patronage.

So get real, anybody who thinks a die hard conservative who says 'he was always a loyal supporter of Lord' is a GOOD guy is just crazy. He VOTED for all the lousy ideas the Premier came up with, he never spoke out, the best even Charles came up with is that he 'talked to him'. OOO. BIG move. How many private members bills did HE put in for the tenants rights act-or for ANYTHING for that matter. People say he 'fought for his constituency', well, if he's a conservative and they got screwed then he didn't fight very bloody hard!

And Charles, before you start spouting how wonderfull all this is. Keep one thing in mind. That tenant equality act HASN"T PAST THIRD READING. And it dies with an election call. So once again, you'll be 'just hoping' that your white knight Mr. Graham will start over from square one again and bring it in. ( and most of us are FAR from convinced of anything about Mr. 'my family are good friends of the Irvings' Graham.

Anonymous said...

If a prostitute can claim virginity after being 9 years in the business and her clients all over the town then Lord can claim integrity. Lord has no integrity. Man lies and lies and then lies some more.

I do not know Tanker so I cannot say much about him but Lord, his butts need to be kicked for misleading people so long. He is a liar and his integrity is as good as a prostitute’s virginity.

Anonymous said...

First of all Mr. Lord basically had NO CHOICE but to bring Brenda Fowley back to Cabinet because he was totally out of options as far as picking and choosing goes.

He may have been put at the top of the pile back in the day but there certainly is no validity in saying they feel the same way today.

There are just TOO many discontent players to say his leadership has any substance left.

With all the cross checking and floor swapping in politics today it's hard to say if indeed any party at all levels are truly happy with their choice at the helm, most seem to live a very short life these days.
((As in Elections they too now using the same principle as the voters themselves, Just pick the lesser of the many evils))

But for him (Mr. Lord) he has gone into a state of self indulgence as well as pointing out as often as he can why he’s on the top of his pile at the other members expense but in reality has shown absolutely no evidence to support his personal view that no others are able to do or understand the intricacies of his job as Leader of the party or as the Premier of New Brunswick.

He does NOT like sharing the glory of any situation that comes along, he screens himself with whatever minister or mla is closest to him regardless of the issue in pursuance to the facts,just ask a few of the members.

Jody Carr was NOT expecting to be put on the spot as quickly as he was but at the same time I don’t think he was surprised that his boss did business in this manner as was felt in his comments after the fact,along with seeing him do it to the others while he was in waiting.
So on and on it will go until like any other disaster situation,,It falls in on itself and collapses into just another day in the past we no longer wish to reflect on.

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt that Lord has no credibility. While other PC's may have a little more because they aren't calling the shots, they certainly weren't speaking out for New Brunswickers. That goes for ALL the PC's, and Tanker was a PC like the rest of them. So is Jody Carr, and Fowlie, and on and on.

That Lord had no other choices is just silly, he could have done like Harper did and trimmed down the cabinet.

Clearly as a PC Tanker got shafted, can you imagine being a PC and having your boss pick a known crook over you? If he had integrity he'd insist on a byelection. No matter how many 'polls' are taken, in the end there is no way of knowing whether people voted for him or his party.

As this party self destructs, keep in mind that the liberal party has never made any challenge to the corporations either. They were for the LNG terminal, just wanted it paid for differently, they were against public insurance and they have the same forestry platform as the tories and also have zero new energy programs-just more nuclear power, same as the tories.

So before getting TOO excited about the election, just keep in mind how few options New Brunswicker's REALLY have.

Anonymous said...

Tanker should just go away. He tried to blackmail Lord and Lord wouldn't buy it. I AM NOT A FAN OF LORD but someone who tries to use blackmail techniques, in my opinion, is much much worse! Maybe "Judy" can help Tanker with his stress!

Anonymous said...

Lord has been blackmailing whole province. One cannot believe what he says. He is not trustworthy.