Tuesday, February 21, 2006

ELVY ROBICHAUD SHOULD HAVE SHOOK MY HAND!!!


Charles 04_07_05 061, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

I have the feeling that I’m offending a few people with my blog and that’s a darn shame.

I always took myself like a person who does battle as those MLA’s in the House Chambers.

After they insult or blast each other?

They meet in public or the hallways of the Legislature and shake hands.

Everything is forgotten but I guess bloggling isn’t the same action.

This afternoon while leaving the Library at the Legislator, I bumped into the former Minster of Health Elvy Robichaud and offered to shake hand in a friendly action but he quickly told me that he wouldn’t touch my hand because he didn’t agree what I’m writing about in my blog.

Charles 04_07_05 061

He said that he considered me as a friend but no more and walked away.

He let it known that he didn’t agree with the issues I write in my blog.

I was a little surprise so I walked by him and said - Ritalin is an important issue and continued out the door.

There’s no way in the world that I was going to debate the issue with the former Minister in the Library.

I always watch myself in the House. I won’t cross that line but there’s no need of this.

I protested for six months in a tent on behalf of all the kids who are force on this drug.

I dedicated the last six years of my life towards this cause and I will admit that I’m getting tired of it.

In the old days, a person protested and they beg the media to cover their story.

They had their 15 minutes of fame and went home.

TOUT FINI!!!!

These days? It’s a total different ballgame because of the information highway.

A person can continue their message on the computer and this is what I decided to do.

The problem is this?

It goes all around the world therefore reaching a lot of people.

Am I disappointed in Elvy’s attitude towards me?

Of course I am.

There’s nothing more harmful or degrading than reaching out to shake someone hand and they say – No thank you!!!

But I stand by the way I’m fighting for the kids in this Province.

This has nothing to do with and I stand to gain absolutely nothing from having a committee in place to study the issue of drugging our children.

What else can I do? Any ideas???

I’m learning that many people are getting upset with my blog.

Some love to see how far I can before I land myself in court.

I’m certain that it will happen one day but as long that I write the truth?

What can a Judge say?

Bloggling is going to be a way of life in New Brunswick and everyone should get use to it.

I guess this will be my true last handshake with Elvy Robichaud.

As I wrote in the past, I still say he’s a nice guy!

I might add that I will still say hello when I passed by him.

I must have bigger shoulders than the former health Minister.

Oh well…c’est la vie!!!!

Bonne Chanve Elvy.....
Charles 04_07_05 061

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You belong in the nuthouse. Is there any person you have not alienated yet!!

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

The people in the nuthouse I guess....lol

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a guy here who doesn't like you Charles, how much do you want a bet its a young Lord staffer!!

I think it says it all when a former health minister says he 'doesn't agree with your issue' when you issue is just this: DO A STUDY ON THE EFFECTS OF RITALIN!!

Am I crazy or shouldn't the govenrment be doing this ANYWAY!! Sure, tell the kids they can't touch pot, then tell them they need expensive medication! Kids aren't stupid, they know how crazy our society is-it's the legislators, doctors, and parents that should be on the drugs! Oh, I forgot, they already have their addiction-booze and caffeine!

Anonymous said...

6;58 I think you are the nut, you have no respect,Charlie is doing a good thing with his blog site, other people will agree, the sad thing is he doesn't get paid for it.One thing Charlie does do, he speaks his mind, but he tells the truth,people like you shouldn't be on his blog site reading what he has to say,if you don't like what you read, go read something else.Charlie doesn't need people like you here anyways.Go bother someone else.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

That's ok....things are getting out of hand in the comment. I might have to change the system of leaving comments.

I might add that my letter about Elvy appeared in the Irving Daily Gleaner Saturday.

I still say that Elvy is a nice nice....

Anonymous said...

What is the fuss? All that was said that do not alienate people. There is a constant crying that “this person was not nice to me or that person was not nice to me”. Have you ever thought how bad you were towards them? Stop whining.

Anonymous said...

If that's whining then we need MORE of it Charles. You give politician's a hell of a lot more respect than they give you. In fact I think you are FAR too nice. Take a look at the stuff that was being said by both federal parties during the election, you are positively MODERATE in comparison.

However, the remark wasn't as innocuous as the poster above admits. Telling somebody they belong in the nuthouse is hardly real criticism. If you were writing to the editor of the papers, who are FAR more biased than Charles, would you talk like that? Of course not.

However, Charles, you will pay the price if you change the system for posting. Either you're getting thin skinned or just tired of it. My advice would be to just post your blog and don't even read the comments. Actually, I can remember a little while ago it was getting much more 'out of hand' than it is now. More posts, both nasty and productive seem to come out during elections and things like that.

Anonymous said...

Whining and too much self-pity.

Anonymous said...

Charlie:

Even Jim Irving shook your hand awhile back. LOL.

Elvy's refusal to shake your hand says more about him than it does about you.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.