Sunday, June 04, 2006

PROTESTER WILL RETURN IN FRONT OF THE LEGISLATURE MONDAY MORNING AND CHARLES INDEED PART OF HISTORY!!!!


IMG_3716, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

IMG_3715

I guess you could say that I am the last of the true protesters.

Hey? I’m part of history < for all the bad and good reasons > and not too many people can say that?

I made a few stopover at the Legislature Thursday to get an update from Lisa.

Compare to other past protests, I didn’t stick around too much.

I told her that I can do better on the sideline than being in the centre of the action.

During my first visit, she told me a few MLA’S came over to pay her a visit.

She praised Dr.Ed Doherty.

Lord Minister David Alward made a stopover.
IMG_3659

She looked pretty confident that her issue will be look into.

During my second visit, she told me that she was surrounded by the media.

IMG_3698

I wish that I would have been around for that one?

As in past practice? I would have agitated the media the way they run out to cover the issue of a protester but in my case?

charles1

It took 50 days for my protest to hit the Irving newspapers.

She told me that she was going to set up a tent at 7:00pm.

I told her that there could be a problem because ever since I ended my protest? Only a few did mange to keep a tent for a couple of weeks on the front lawn.
protest1

I promised her that I’ll be around at 7:00pm with my camera.

Right on schedule a couple showed up with a tent.

They asked me if I was going to help?

IMG_3702

I told them that I was just going to watch with my camera and it wouldn’t take long for a Commissionaire to come out from the Legislature telling them that they weren’t allowed to pitch a tent.

They began to put the tent together and sure enough a Commissionaire showed up right on schedule.

IMG_3704

The guy name is Greg and he’s a very nice guy!

A true New Brunswicker!

He was polite with the people in the area and they return the favor by removing the tent.
.
IMG_3705

The Commissionaire had to endure my agitating remarks and did tell me a couple of time to shut up!!!...lol....in a good way.....

IMG_3711
IMG_3710

Greg told Lisa that he’ll keep an eye on her every hour but she couldn’t stay over night or in a tent.

IMG_3709

Her friends gathered all the equipment and left the area.

IMG_3716

It was very peaceful and that’s the way it should be.

IMG_3717

The Lady will return Monday morning to continue her protest but I did bumped into Madelaine Dube and something might be in the work.

Lets see what’s going to happen?

IMG_3655

It’s a very sad issue and the worse thing about this is what’s going around the province that we don’t hear about?

Stay tune for more on this issue?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is typical NB'ER trying to get a hand out. If she can sit in front of the legislature for hours at a time why can't she sit at Walmart saying hello to somebody or go to a call centre and talk there to somebody? How come when something goes wrong with somebody we always rely on the government to bail us out of the problem? This is just getting ridiclous and I for one am sick of what people expect out of the government. No wonder we are the lauging stock of Canada. All these people on Welfare and they always want more money and more funding.... How come? they don't contribute to society they don't offer anything to the working man but they still want more.. What a farce I wish we could do an evaluation on all people on welfare and if they were able to work then we would put them to work instead of giving them a handout all of the time.


POSTED BY

SICK AND TIRED OF THE SYSTEM

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

I'll tell ya one thing right now...some people can't work and that's the way it is.

The power rate is going up and the rent also goes up butt he welfare rate don't go any higher.

This winter is going to be real bad.

You might see igloos in front of the Legislature.

With Global warming? I doubt it.

Before you call me a welfare bum?

Let me explain that the New Brunswick Human Rights told the Government that people with ADHD taking ritalin are not allowed to work.

I might add that they have a case to make amend that I'm a security risk at the Legislature.

Makes a person wonder?

I know...I'm just rambling!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope this lady will get the help she needs, she's been waiting far too long for the help she so badly needs.Our young people care about the older folks.Thank goodness for those two young people who are there to help her out.They must be good caring people. Nice to see. Good luck to the woman.I hope she gets her housing soon.Welfare should do more for the people in Fredericton, like give their clients more money to live on. I think they treat the poor badly in this city. Welfare gives their people more money in other cities.What's wrong with this place? I guess they just don't care here. How sad.

Anonymous said...

Typical response from somebody who propably will abuse the system to a TTTTTTT. Why can't you work landscaping job Charles or a Construction job? They are always looking for grunt wokers, why don't you since you had no problem carrying stuff in the Legislature. This lady can sit on a street and bum money all day but cannot work? I do feel sorry for her but geeze, somebody needs to try to get her off a "free ride" system and into some sort of job placement.

New Brunswick gets a bad name due to all the freebies people try to get out of the government. Charles saying as soon as his job was over he could of went on EI, who thinks of going on EI as soon as they are done a job? Typical person trying to bleed the government. Ahh well we all have our own opinion I just can't see how always relying on somebody makes things easier or better for anybody or society


SICK AND TIRED OF THE SYSTEM