Sunday, November 19, 2006

NEW BRUNSWICK TO BECOME A POLICE STATE AT THE END OF THE DAY????


Pictures 056
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
STB_0276Pictures 029Pictures 088IMG_0639



Well this morning is the big day. I must admit that I am getting sick and tired of talking and blogging this issue but what can a person do?

One good thing about this mess that happened on June 9th.

It took my mind off the Legislature < A little > I must admit there’s still lots to blog about which my lawyer told me not to discuss in this blog.

There has been lots of action happening during the last 48 hours which I will not blog.

All I will say is that the Justice system needs some change and hopefully T.J. Burke will step forward.



IMG_8307



My two main concerns...



#1 - The deleting of close or more than 200 pictures from my camera by the Saint John Police Force.

2# -The way that I was arrested! I was walked for 30 feet and assaulted. < Something is not right here! >



ARRESTPictures 054Pictures 055



3# - Our Legal Aid system must change.

4#-There has to be a public inquiry on this issue.

I am very concern of the way the prosecutor did press ahead on this issue?

Is there a connection between the old Bernard Lord Government and this accident?



IMG_8129




Maybe the Sergeant At Arms Dan Bussieres made a phone call to Saint John?



Facist




Is there a connection between the Fredericton Police Force and the one in Saint John?




14STA_3529




Two weeks before my arrest in Saint John, I posted these pictures on my blog site and ATV News used them in their newscast and a Police is charge with assault.




This time around? It’s going to be very interesting because the two main cops are going to testify.



Pictures 109IMG_2001




On November 2th, it drove me nuts staying in that courtroom because the main issue was the protesters.



It went on and on. I wasn’t a protester so therefore I got nothing to worry about.



The bottom line is this?



If I’m found guilty? It will be the end of democracy in New Brunswick.



The Local police force will be able to grab anyone from the streets who takes pictures.




A3



You will have to phone an Irving employee telling them to come and take pictures.



Pictures 077



The Irvings owns all the newspapers in this Province so therefore they’ll be the only photographers who would be allow to take pictures of different events.



Guilty or not guilty?



I will continue denouncing the tactics of our bureaucrats in this Province.



The media said that I could land in jail from six months to two years?



Well, I’m not paranoid but if I go behind bars?



I would be murdered and it could be set up by our Police Force?



Just think about it?



They would announce a news conference and say - Charles LeBlanc was murdered last night and you know what kind of attitude the man had??? Case close!!!...lol






I know for a fact that someone very powerful is pushing this issue because there’s no way in the world the Saint John Police Force can explain the deleting of 200 pictures!!!



But then again? What the hell do I know?



I was certain the charges were going to be drop but it never happens.



Some say that the Judge could order this site shut down....lol....



We just shut it down and open a new one!!!



This is a very serious case and it could change the way our Police Force acts toward our citizens.



This could quickly change into a Police State!!!



But then again? What the heck do I know?




While in Saint John a couple of days ago, I had a little chat with the guy who took my camera.



IMG_4877-1




It was a friendly chat < goes to show you what kind of danger I am??? >


He asked me if I’m going to take the stand?



Some people are telling me the Crown haven’t proven their case so I should not take the chair?



What do I have to lose?



I’m not guilty and I’m not sure what I’m going to do?



One thing is certain? I’ll be sitting on the front row this time around with my notepad. It's very difficu;t to hear in that courtroom.



As the judge said months ago - This should be very interesting!!!




I will be taking every word said tomorrow and will blog it afterward. Do they have the internet in Jail???...lol



It’s funny because when I was first charge? The prosecutor told the Judge that the case would only take half a day!!!


I quickly stood up and told the court that it’ll be at least one week!!!


If I could call in all the witnesses?


It would take close to a week.



This case is a huge waste of taxpayers’ money but the prosecutor insists on pushing this issue.




In closing, whatever happens in Saint John on Monday?



I would love to say a BIG MERCI BEAUCOUP to Harold Doherty for stepping up to the plate.



My God? Can you imagine if the Justice system had their way? It would have been an impossible task to defend myself.



I didn’t even know what was a disclosure?



Harold is like a pit bull!!!



Pictures 068



Once he takes a case?




He goes all out! He’s a very good lawyer and I would recommend Harold to anyone!!! Thanks a lot Harold and I might add that he checks this blog twice per day to make sure that I don’t blog issues about the case. < He must be sick reading this blog!!! >...lol..



Pictures 068




I might add that he’s also a blogger so he knows what’s at stake here!



Pictures 064



You can check his blogsite by clicking below -


target="_blank">Charles
Blog




I bet this is a first in New Brunswick? A blogger blogging away his case all summer long before the day of the trial.


So, here we go and wish me Luck!!!

Bye bye



3IMG_2170

6 comments:

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Notice the THREE question marks and the sentence DOES HE DISCRIMINATE. That's a question, not a statement of fact.

Charles has never said he was an 'objective journalist'. As for evidence, there is plenty to at least raise the question.

In todays society there's enough reason to ask whether police discriminate against the poor, thats a problem in many places.

Being poor is not a state of mind, its a conditional state. Poor is not relative, just because somebody else may be worse off doesn't mean a person is not poor. When you haven't the means to provide basic necessities you are poor.

However, police don't discriminate the poor, so long as they behave themselves. When they are 'in their place' and don't make noise or be visible then there's no problem.

However, to be fair, this isn't just a police issue. Police are like soldiers, they get orders from superiors. During the Fredericton protest there was a person present who posted the story (this hasn't been verified though) that police weren't interfering in the protest or walk, until somebody came out of City Hall and spoke to them.

So there are two issues, the first is when police are forced to act, and thats a political matter, something not dealt with here very often. There should be a lobby against Fredericton City Council who were among the only ones in the country to make ALL panhandling illegal. Then police are forced to deal with it, but it isn't the police that are discriminating.

However, within the police force there are all kinds of issues. In Edmonton an officer was suspended for selling t shirts to officers saying "No Rats". It's interesting to note that police were originally more like social workers. They actually worked for the poor and found them jobs and housing. Now they are a militant force, and if anything, there should be far more openness and accountability. So good for charles for posting this and asking these questions.

These are extremely important issues, and that can't be understated. Contrary to what charles says, this has been going on for years, but the difference is that charles has a blog so it gets continuous coverage. Clearly we know the discrimination wasn't just at the jail but during the arrest, that's the whole point of the trial, that charles was singled out over others, which of course is the definition of discrimination.

However, that's not just the police, they don't press the charges, the government does that, this is very politically motivated and hopefully Charles won't keep giving the liberals a free ride.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Parks admitted to deleting photos. Stupid!

I don't agree with what you do Charles, but that is an obvious misuse of police powers.

I think your rights as an individual were violated. I don't think your a journalist, but a victim for sure.

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting the good fight Charles. People do care.

Anonymous said...

LeBlanc said he was blogger, policeman testifies
Last Updated: Monday, November 20, 2006 | 5:39 PM AT
CBC News
A Saint John police officer who pinned Charles LeBlanc to the ground during a protest in the summer testified Monday that the well-known blogger identified himself as an internet journalist before his arrest.

The case has drawn attention in journalism circles across the country at a time when bloggers have begun to gain some recognition as legitimate journalists. LeBlanc, who watched as police temporarily confiscated his camera and deleted a photo, is arguing that freedom of the press should extend to all journalists, not just those working for big media companies.

LeBlanc, who writes about politics and poverty on his website, was arrested at a demonstration outside a business conference at the Saint John Trade and Convention Centre. He was charged with obstruction of justice.

As the trial resumed in Saint John on Monday, Sgt. John Parks told the court he arrested LeBlanc as approximately 30 to 40 protesters dressed in black, and some wearing masks, attempted to storm the convention centre.

Parks told the court he noticed LeBlanc coming at him from behind with a camera and, since he appeared scruffy and wasn't wearing business clothes like the other members of the media, assumed LeBlanc was part of the protest.

The officer said he warned LeBlanc to leave the scene or else he would be arrested. LeBlanc answered that he was with the media covering the event and was a blogger, Parks testified.

Continue Article

As LeBlanc was arrested, he was knocked to the ground by Parks and Const. Tanya Lawlor. Parks testified that he then retrieved LeBlanc's digital camera and deleted a photo of himself.

Lawlor testified that she helped Parks arrest LeBlanc. She said the protester was not listening to police and resisting their efforts.

After the incident, Lawlor said she looked up LeBlanc's blog on the internet, and found pictures of herself brandishing a baton to ward off protesters, set to the song Kung Fu Fighting.

She said it made her feel humiliated and demoralized.


The trial was to continue on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Const. Tanya Lawlor re: the "Kung Fu Fighting" photo: "She said it made her feel humiliated and demoralized."

Talk about making a mountain of a molehill. I bet that's the only time that as a cop, someone made fun of her. Not!

I wonder if she ever thought that maybe she used excessive force. Or if she's using her "hurt feelings" to take the focus away from the real issues??

Anonymous said...

Grate site its good for our minds.I want to say that I have find most of the people are terribly effected with Attention Deficit Disorder & Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder problems.
So let me suggest for them an amazing site which will help them to get relief .
ADD Friendly Systems