Sunday, November 19, 2006

POOR SAINT JOHNERS ARE FORCE TO MOVE TO FREDERICTON????


IMG_2797
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
I learned something this morning and it’s very sad.

The poor in Saint John are force to leave Saint John and move to the Capital of New Brunswick.

Fredericton is going to have a huge problem in their hands in a few years.

These two individuals knew me from Saint John but I didn’t know them.



IMG_2837


From what I’m told? The rooming houses in Saint John are being condemn so therefore the poor have nowhere to go.

The Salvation Army in Saint John is full!

These two guys told me that they have been on the streets for 45 days.

They moved to Fredericton and are living at the Shelter.

I might add they’re very happy because the Soup Kitchen in Fredericton serves two meals per day and all you can eat while in Saint John they only serve one meal per day.



IMG_2829



So? Something is happening here in New Brunswick?

The rents are going up but the Social assistant check don’t rise.

Maybe this is a way to get rid of the people from Saint John South so the Irvings can build large industries in the heart of Saint John?

I predict a lot more poor people are going to move to Fredericton during the next few years but if the rent goes sky high?

Where are they supposed to live?



href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpoldmaisonblogspotcom/301091617/" title="Photo Sharing">IMG_2830


I’m going to keep my eyes open on this one!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that these guys could work at a fast food restaurant. I mean they just like to call themselves "poor" cause they don't want to do any real work!! I don't feel sorry for any of you all because you have the ability to work the same as everyone else you choice not too is the difference.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, in fact by just looking at them I am able to evaluate every aspect of their life. Not only could they work, but they could be doctors and lawyers (respectively). Not only that, but I am sure that they could both play musical instruments and have an aptitude for math. I know all this because I am the amazing Karnac. I also don't feel sorry for any of you because that part of my brain is missing.