Tuesday, January 02, 2007

WAITING THREE HOURS FOR A U.S. PASSPORT???


US_passport_cover
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
IMG_5159IMG_5154




I learned there was a huge line up in Fredericton for a U.S. Passport.



I was told it was on the second floor of the TD Bank.



Once there, I was surprised to see all the people lined up downstair.




IMG_5166




I was a little confused so I said - This line up is for the passport?




I was right but worried.




If the line up is that bad downstair? What’s happening on the second floor???




Once upstairs, I walked into a room which was full of people sitting on chairs against the wall.





IMG_5158IMG_5155




I guess the waiting period was three hours.




As downstair, I told the room that I was taking pictures for my blog and just go to google and write Charles LeBlanc.




I stuttered a little and I HATE THAT!!!




Once downstair, a couple of people asked me if I was the blogger that was arrested?




One guy said - You write letters to the Irving papers???





That was a mistake from their part because I did entertain them with a few funny stories.





IMG_5167




Hey??? It passed the time and I did them a favour!!!...lol





How many people will visit this site from these pictures?




Who knows but they sure can leave their views on this issue in this blog.




Wait for three hours for a U.S. Passport?




I sure couldn’t do it!!!!

8 comments:

Spinks said...

Neat story Charles.

Anonymous said...

Yeah,

Sure is good story ! Canada now issues "U.S." Passports and this within three hours !

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

i was thinking of the same thing......it's pretty fast.....no wonder a few quickly hid their faces from the camera...lol

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think I'll pop down this week and get myself one of those US Passports too :) 3 hours? So fast! Don't even need to live and work in the US for 5 years? I've always wanted dual citizenship - this way I'll have a Canadian and a US passport!

Charles, READ what you wrote and look at the image you posted. It is incorrect. Canada DOES NOT ISSUE US PASSPORTS.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Shoot...you got me.....I need an editor.....oh well....I'll just leave as it is.....just a mistake....

Anonymous said...

And here I was thinking that I could collect one from every country.

Anonymous said...

Charlie this issue was on the major networks this morning and it's busy all over Canada I guess there is a deadline to meet which is toward the end of this month.

Anonymous said...

Why do they make you wait 4 hours, hum so they can check everyone out that are going to be flying, they can't just give everyone a passport through the mail, for security reasons they want to see how you react with others and see what kind of a person you, if you might look like a terriost. They probably have a camera somewheres and they are monitoring everyone, with this new harper government they can't just give everyone a passport to travel, how come you people can't figure this stuff out.