Thursday, September 07, 2006

ABEL LEBLANC IS INDEED A MAN OF THE PEOPLE!!!!


STA_0186
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison.
Candidate insulted by comparison

In response to the article entitled "Tory slams Lord on energy" (Sept. 4), I would like to say that I have always been an advocate for people who are not able to stand up for themselves. I have been a union activist all my life and I will continue to help my brothers and sisters in labour.

Yes, I am a recovering alcoholic. I have been sober for 44 years. In the A.A. fellowship I have met many wonderful people who have enhanced and broadened my scope of the world. From this program I have gained much wisdom and compassion for all those in need.

Gage's version of the Canadian Dictionary states a "maverick" is any person or organization that is unconventional or unwilling to conform, a rebel.

I am willing now and always to be a rebel and fight the causes that will make life better for my constituents and all New Brunswickers.

What I do oppose is being compared to Tory MLA Tanker Malley. I held no one at ransom. My motive was and is "crystal clear" - to get quick access of government agencies and services to help my constituents. I see no value in delaying the necessities of life and developmental services to those most vulnerable in our community.

When my time in the public arena is over I will not be filling my pocket with a pension. I do not want to have the Speaker's chair or trips and a big car paid by the taxpayers of New Brunswick.

I do not value money, position or material gains. I value my integrity and it will not be compromised. I am proud to be my own person and I will continue to be a maverick if that is what is needed to improve someone's life.

In closing, I would like to suggest if anyone wants to make comparisons: practice due diligence in acquiring knowledge of these people.

ABEL LeBLANC

Liberal Candidate

Saint John Lancaster

No comments: