Sunday, January 20, 2008

Priere du Jour - Prayer of the Day!!!


Picture 033
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
Picture 068

SPIRITUAL LIVING
Prayer and Devotions

Answering the Call
by Father Paul Campbell, LC

Resolution: Today, speak to someone about Jesus’ love.

January 19, 2008
Saturday of the First Week in Ordinary Time

Mark 2:13-17
Jesus went out along the sea. All the crowd came to him and he taught them. As he passed by, he saw Levi, son of Alphaeus, sitting at the customs post. He said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed him. While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners sat with Jesus and his disciples; for there were many who followed him. Some scribes who were Pharisees saw that he was eating with sinners and tax collectors and said to his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?” Jesus heard this and said to them, “Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”

Introductory Prayer: Lord, thank you for this time to be with you, to learn from you, to draw strength from you. I believe in your love. Impress it deeply into my heart. I want to love with all my heart, with all my strength and with all my mind. You know how much I need you. Help me to love you as you deserve to be loved.

Petition: Lord, give me the grace to respond joyfully to your call in my life.

1. Matthew’s Call Jesus took the initiative of finding and calling the men he wanted to follow him. Matthew was sitting at his table doing his work. He wasn’t looking for a vocation. He certainly didn’t ask Jesus to come. Jesus simply walked into his life and turned his life upside down.

2. Matthew’s Response Matthew didn’t ask to be called. However, when Jesus called, he got up immediately to follow him. Matthew didn’t argue with the call or fight it. He accepted Christ’s invitation to participate in his life and mission, and he accepted the changes that this meant.

3. Matthew’s Work After his call, Matthew got to work. He invited friends over to his house so that they could meet Jesus. Matthew doesn’t keep Jesus to himself. He actively spread his friendship and love for Jesus with others. He wanted them to enter into the friendship that he had. Jesus wants to save many souls, but he depends on our efforts to share him with others. Jesus turns no one away. He is not afraid to be associated with sinners. This is the good news of salvation.

Conversation with Christ: Lord, I know that I need to share you with others. Help me. Help me to give them a good example by the way I live my life and speak to others. Help me first to be a witness with my life and then not to be afraid to speak of you and what you have done in my life. I need to remember the number of souls that are lost and adrift in this world. What am I doing for them? What would you want me to do?

Resolution: Today, I will speak to someone about Jesus’ love for that person.

http://www.catholic.net/spiritual_living/template_channel.phtml?channel_id=6

No comments: