Sunday, January 27, 2008

Priere du Jour - Prayer of the Day!!!


STU_0925
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
IMG_6138

SPIRITUAL LIVING
Prayer and Devotions

See the Great Light
by Father Jason Wallace, LC

Resolution: Examine your conscience to see if you are following Christ’s lead or your own likes and whims.

January 27, 2008
Third Sunday in Ordinary Time

Matthew 4: 12-23
“Now when Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew to Galilee. He left Nazareth and made his home in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, so that what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: ‘Land of Zebulun, land of Naphtali, on the road by the sea, across the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles-- the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death light has dawned.’ From that time Jesus began to proclaim, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.’ As he walked by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea--for they were fishermen. And he said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you fish for people.’ Immediately they left their nets and followed him. As he went from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John, in the boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets, and he called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed him. Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and curing every disease and every sickness among the people.”

Introductory Prayer: Lord, you want us all to see you, the great light. I beg you for this grace. Increase my faith; shed light on my darkness. Let your light inspire me with the hope to keep going, and make your love ignite in my heart a burning desire to be always by your side.

Petition: Lord, light up my darkness so I can be a beacon of your love.

1. Light Has Dawned As the sun rises in the morning and lights everything hidden by the cover of night, Christ chooses his moment to enlighten our lives. Leave your darkness behind. Look at the light and follow him. Don’t be afraid when Christ allows you to see your sins and shortcomings. Realize it is a privileged moment to refocus your life on the mission, a moment to let go of the past and embrace God’s will. Many times God acts right after some devastating moment. Christ knew his moment had come after the terrible news of John the Baptist’s arrest. We should be open to God’s timetable. Will we allow our eyes to sparkle with his amazing light, or will we close them with the shadows of our past?

2. He Chooses Coworkers Do I realize that my vocation is to work with God? We are all called to be Christ’s coworkers, to work in his vineyard. We work with Christ by working alongside our bishops, pastors, and other Catholics. I also know I am called to work with others because I am part of the Mystical Body, the Church. How beautiful it is to see the Church working as a unified force! We experience what it means to have coworkers at our side. I rejoice with others’ successes and suffer with them in their setbacks. We are called to be one body working in unison, each with his or her particular call from God to extend his Kingdom. It is a privilege to know we have found our calling.

3. Lording Over or Leading? Christ always led by example. His words were the most powerful ever heard by man, and his followers dropped everything in response to the simple invitation: “Come follow me.” They did not simply follow a teacher who preached an excellent sermon; they followed a Divine Person, a way of life. He led the way, bringing his words to life by his actions. He always thought of others first. He worked with those closest to him, his disciples, to show them that true leadership does not lord over others, but loves others to the extreme of dying to oneself. Christ is on a mission. Am I following his lead?

Conversation with Christ: Lord Jesus, you continuously move my heart as you moved the hearts of the first disciples. I want to follow you without ever looking back. I want to lead as you lead, and love as you love.

Resolution: I will examine my conscience to see if I am following Christ’s lead or my own likes and whims.

http://catholic.net/

No comments: